Board logo

Seatbelt side mounting positions for SVA
the_fbi - 11/9/05 at 02:33 PM

Just been contemplating covering my seats but I need to finalise the seatbelt (or lack of) holes first.

Normally in a bucket seat there are a couple of slots either side of the thighs for the harness to go through so you are strapped down/back into the seat.

My carbon seats don't have these slots so I can either cut them or just put the belts over the top of the sides.

The sides are pretty low but I presume (like the rear belt mountings) it has to be pretty much a straight line from the mounting point anchor over/through the seat to where it touches the person?

It wouldn't be a problem at all, using normal car type seatbelts, as the stalk'y bit which fits to the floor would raise the belt up high enough to clear the seat side (and the outside fixing could be high enough to clear the other side too).

Is it allowable to raise the fixing off the floor and mount it on the end of a "pillar" as long as all the steel used meets the required spec? (This would probably look a bit poor but I'm only asking!)

Perhaps I'll just cut a couple of holes and trim with some little ovals of stainless to hide the edge.

indykid - 11/9/05 at 06:33 PM

cut the holes, and use rubber u trim/titan fast

i havn't got a picture to hand, but i'm sure someone would have something.

they're seatbelts remember - it should never be a compromise for simplicity
tom