Board logo

Harness holes in seats
Humbug - 22/10/05 at 09:57 PM

My seats passed SVA by 1mm on the top harness mount height test, and that was after I had removed the seat cushions!

Anyway, I am already getting irritated by the harness straps going round the sides of the seats and dangling down.

I bought the seats s/h, and they came with hole trims: pairs of ring thingies that are descigned to clip together through the seat body.

What are your thoughts on:

1. how to fix them? I had thought of cutting the vinyl and foam, then starting off the holes with a hole saw

2. how safe would it be? I am just a little concerned about the angle that would go from the mounting point to the seat, putting pressure on the point where thay would go through the seat

PS. the seats are now a bit higher than in the pic as I have fitted Metro runners and replaced the cushions. My shoulders come to somewhere in the headrest level.

Cheers

[Edited on 22.10.2005 by Humbug] Rescued attachment 2005-09-24 12 Locost seats.jpg
Rescued attachment 2005-09-24 12 Locost seats.jpg

Peteff - 23/10/05 at 10:52 AM

What kind of seats are they? If they are upholstered fibreglass shells that would work but if they are frames they probably already have the cutouts inside and just need the covers cutting to fit the hole trims. Have a good poke round before you start hacking.