Board logo

i need some kind of padding
john_p_b - 30/10/05 at 09:48 AM

got bog standard grp seats in my indy which are fine apart from 3 things.....

1. on hard acceleration my dad keeps moaning about the cracking noise of his helmet smacking in to the seat.

2. now it's cooled a bit outside at speed the back of the seat seems to become really cold!

3. gives slight arse ache after a while!

so basicly i'm after some kind of foam padding type stuff! i remember reading a while back about ppl using camping matts for it but i can only find camping mats in a nasty blue or green colour. black or grey would be perfect but just can't find any

anyone know of anything easy to get hold of that will do the job?

andylancaster3000 - 30/10/05 at 10:12 AM

I think john, theconrodkid, found some pads that look as though they're made for the job in Argos I believe. Try him maybe?

Andy

theconrodkid - 30/10/05 at 10:30 AM

ARGOS!!!!!! chav central!, halfords do them,bubble seat covers,well comfy and about £2 each

donut - 30/10/05 at 11:40 AM

Now THAT'S locost!!!!

Guinness - 30/10/05 at 12:02 PM

Eat more pies!

Triton - 30/10/05 at 01:28 PM

I have made some inserts in grp that fit the MK seats they need to be padded/trimmed etc but easy to take out ....better than glueing something to your seat.
U2U or email and i can send some pictures

Tim 45 - 30/10/05 at 03:25 PM

Didnt Cairb make some a while ago, for his indy? I think they were vinyl with some foam inside. Sounds like they did the business and didnt cost a lot. I think he used velco to attatch them so that he could remove them easily.

CairB seat covers

HTH

[Edited on 30/10/05 by Tim 45]

john_p_b - 30/10/05 at 04:31 PM

mark, thanks for the pics but not quite what i'm after. all i want it some kind of foam camping mat style stuff just to stop the annoying knocking noise of helmet hitting seat and just to take the harsh edge of the chill of the seats.

i've seen a car at a show with exactly what i'm after but can't remember who or where etc!!

chrisg - 30/10/05 at 04:36 PM

Camping mat is the usual thing used, easy to cut and petty comfortable, from any camping shop.

try this

Cheers

Chris

john_p_b - 30/10/05 at 04:37 PM

in fact something like this is exactly what i'm after!

just with the issues i have with demon thievs at the moment i'd rather not buy from them!

Peteff - 30/10/05 at 04:49 PM

Just stick a carpet square to the back of your helmet that'll stop it bumping, and get some thicker trousers with cycling shorts underneath.

PAUL FISHER - 30/10/05 at 07:03 PM

I bought mine from the motorbike section of demon tweeks,its sticky back high density foam,used for sticking on race bike seats,comes in 300mm squares,just cut it out to the shape you need with a sharpe knife,about a fiver a sheet.

Rorty - 31/10/05 at 06:37 AM

I have this stuff in my wheelchair and it's a lifesaver.
Any medical or disability supply shop will have a selection of memory foam cushions and pads.
Another link.
I used to put Confor foam in my race seat.