Board logo

Wide seat
Triton - 1/11/05 at 12:17 PM

Well here it is. 430mm wide at front edge(but can be trimmed down. 350mm internal around abdomen. Rescued attachment Wide smoothy seat.jpg
Rescued attachment Wide smoothy seat.jpg

Triton - 1/11/05 at 12:20 PM

Had a 6ft something feel at home in one not a tall thin bod either, more your brick outhouse type of size.

jimgiblett - 1/11/05 at 01:10 PM

Looks good. How wide is it at the rear. ie max width at back between at seat bottom to where say your kidneys are?

My Phoenix is a bit narrow and trying to find a seat that fits is proving to be a bit of a mare.

bimbleuk - 1/11/05 at 01:29 PM

Triton.

Have you fitted one of your selection of seats in a Striker?

Basically the Striker is very narrow compared to most 7 style kits and the passenger side is narrower due to the engine being off set to that side.

I have an MK seat (the R500 copy) in the drivers side but this is a very tight sqeeze. No way it'll go in the passenger side.

Triton - 1/11/05 at 05:25 PM

Looks good. How wide is it at the rear. ie max width at back between at seat bottom to where say your kidneys are?

My Phoenix is a bit narrow and trying to find a seat that fits is proving to be a bit of a mare.

390mm if i understood where you wanted the measurement taken from.
They fit into a book chassis no problem so will fit MK's etc.

Triton - 1/11/05 at 05:28 PM

bimblebloke,
I haven't fitted any to a striker so not sure but these should fit: Rescued attachment narrow low back.JPG
Rescued attachment narrow low back.JPG

jimgiblett - 1/11/05 at 05:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bimbleuk
I have an MK seat (the R500 copy) in the drivers side but this is a very tight sqeeze. No way it'll go in the passenger side.

Is your Striker live axle or IRS? My IRS Phoenix has the same dimensions as the IRS Striker.

Jim

bimbleuk - 2/11/05 at 04:03 AM

Mines an IRS chassis.

UncleFista - 2/11/05 at 12:54 PM

And they fit a standard "book" locost ?
If they do, how much and how do I pay ?

I've wanted a pair of these for ages, but with my "pie retention" problem, didn't think I'd fit

Cheers

Triton - 2/11/05 at 01:03 PM

Well Robinbastd on the forum is 6ft 6" and 18stone(brick outhouse size) and was well impressed as he couldn't find any seats to fit him elsewhere.

Mark

email for picture and info

UncleFista - 2/11/05 at 01:12 PM

Blinkin' flip, he's a big lad innee ?

I'm only 6ft and maybe a stone or 2 lighter, would you say I'd be better off with the larger ones ?

Triton - 2/11/05 at 06:15 PM

Unc,
Yes i would say better to go for the bigger ones as they won't pinch....nowt worse than being uncomfortable.

Mark