Board logo

Five point or less?
Dale - 3/5/06 at 04:53 PM

I am almost done sewing up my seats. but would like the general concensus as to weather or not its better to go with a crotch belt as well as the standard 4 point belt arangement.
I have made the book style seats with much more support to them for both lower leg and lumbar support.

I dont plan on a full cage just the usual strong rollover bar. and maybe a bolt in pettty bar if I ever get to to the track with it.
Placement on the belt hole compared to the back of the seat cushion would be nice as well.
Thanks
Dale

James - 4/5/06 at 11:11 PM

If you can get the crotch belt through your seat then I would recommend 5 point as it stops you submarining. And also keeps the belt down around your hips rather than riding up to abdomen which can cause internal injuries in a crash.

Having heard a story this weekend of a crashed Westie owner submarining and ending up with the spare key from his car jammed under his knee cap I rather wish I'd gone for 5 point myself!

Cheers,
James

Dale - 4/5/06 at 11:56 PM

Thanks for the reply, Everything I have found so far points me to adding an extra anchor and putting a keyslot in the seats for the extra belt.
Thanks
Dale

Jon Ison - 5/5/06 at 06:27 AM

Recommend 5 point here too.

givemethebighammer - 5/5/06 at 08:54 PM

Got 6 points in mine, crotch straps either side of your chaps - less painful if you submarine.