Board logo

Need low back seat help
scoop - 18/5/06 at 10:21 AM

Im looking for a low back seat to fit in my book chassis (43cm wide) but i can only find the classic Cobra one. There must be more.
Suggestions please.
Thanks,
Steve.

Marcus - 18/5/06 at 10:22 AM

Baby Cub from MWS, Intatrim, Richfield, all do low back seats.

Marcus

scoop - 18/5/06 at 10:28 AM

I knew they were out there somewhere. Never heared of any of those ones. Any more for any more?
Many thanks,
Steve.

scoop - 18/5/06 at 10:31 AM

Do you have a link for MWS i cant find them?
Ta

Marcus - 18/5/06 at 10:33 AM

Try this:

http://www.midlandwheels.com/frameset.asp

Home page won't load on my pc

Marcus

flak monkey - 18/5/06 at 10:39 AM

Doesnt Triton do a low back seat? Or maybe he used to...

scoop - 18/5/06 at 10:52 AM

Baby Cub looks good but for a small seat its damn heavy 9.6kg
Do you think a cart seat would get through SVA? I can see there being a problem with the fixings.
Steve

David Jenkins - 18/5/06 at 10:56 AM

More info on the MWS Baby Cub seats - I had a pair for a while, and sold them on the BKLOCO. Very narrow - they LOOK far too narrow - but are very comfortable to sit on. A basic seat but no worse for that.

I only sold them because I wanted head protection (now they have headrests!) and I wanted a lower seating position.

The only thing I would suggest is to avoid the MWS seat runners - they were cr*p. Better off modifying something from the scrappy.

David

scoop - 18/5/06 at 11:02 AM

I take it they come with captive bolts in the bottom do they?
Steve

David Jenkins - 18/5/06 at 11:29 AM

Yep - M8 thread.

ditchlewis - 18/5/06 at 11:40 AM

i've got a pair with the head rests. i'm 6'1" and 17st and i find them comfortable enough. runners are crap and i seem to have a twist in them which limits the adjustment.

Ditch

scoop - 18/5/06 at 12:09 PM

All you Suffolk Boys on this thread. You're making me feel at home. Im a Lowstuft ba
Comments on the Kart seat anyone?
Steve.

David Jenkins - 18/5/06 at 12:12 PM

We'll talk to anyone!

At a guess, you can have any seat you like, as long as it's securely fixed down so the driver/passenger can't slide around, and it doesn't interfere with the seat belts.

David

scoop - 18/5/06 at 12:15 PM

Ill have to check the old SVA manual again. See if i can work out what they want.
Steve.

Fozzie - 18/5/06 at 01:04 PM

Steve, Cobra do a 'cub' seat I have them in my Locost chassis, snug fit, but they are brilliant.

Fozzie

Cubs

[Edited on 18/5/06 by Fozzie]

Kissy - 18/5/06 at 01:11 PM

If you want lightweight check out Tillett, give them a call, you'll want the W1, probably covered, but the price has gone up since I bought mine...
link: http://www.tillett.co.uk/index2.html

scoop - 18/5/06 at 06:36 PM

The Cub is looking favorite. I found them on the Snowden Tyres Link for £65 start price. Are they still trading?
Tillet are way out of my price range. The W1 does look nice but for that money it looks a lot like an expensive Kart seat to me
Thanks all for your help so far,
Steve.