Board logo

Fitted my seats
datz510 - 14/6/06 at 11:03 PM

I picked up a set of Kirkey Prostreet/Drag seats from a race supplier here in the states. Each seat with cover was about $160.

Got the seats mounted and did some minor work repositioning the driver's seat a little. Turned out great I think. Both seats are adjustable and have very low profile ball bearing dual locking slider mechanisms. I'm very happy with how comfortable the seats are. They are snug enough that I'm going to have to get my friends to pry me out of the car with a big stick when I'm done driving, I think.

The passenger seat has one of the seat covers fitted so you can see how it will look. They are very comfortable seats.

Seat mounting bolt arrangement:

The anti-submarine belt mount is integrated into the seat slider mechanism:

Side view showing how low the seats sit:

Some detail photos of the seat slider mechanisms:

The sliders I used are dual locking:

Both seat covers on:

[Edited on 14/6/06 by datz510]

the_fbi - 14/6/06 at 11:42 PM

Very nice!

Good price too

smdl - 15/6/06 at 01:28 AM

Very nice! What width of Kirkeys are these? Also, is this a book-width chassis?

Thanks,
Shaun

zetec7 - 15/6/06 at 06:44 AM

Looking good! Good to see another McSorely frame, too!

RazMan - 15/6/06 at 07:09 AM

I really like the look of the Kirkey seats and I was trying to find a UK stockist a while back. The couple that I found only kept stock of the more common models and I ended up going in another direction

Very nice BTW

Kissy - 15/6/06 at 08:29 AM

I take it you tried these:
http://www.randallmotorsport.co.uk/

or you can order from the States direct

Kissy - 15/6/06 at 08:34 AM

...here: http://www.kirkeyracing.com/

RazMan - 15/6/06 at 08:47 AM

I tried both of those (and a couple more I think)and they all said that they didn't keep much stock and just took orders. I needed to see try a seat for fit before I ordered so I had to go for a fibreglass option instead

stevec - 15/6/06 at 03:25 PM

Very tasty seats.
I think a washer under the bolt heads in picture 3 would be an idea,
Steve,

datz510 - 15/6/06 at 04:13 PM

These are 17" hip-width Kirkey drag seats. I think you can get them in widths ranging from 15" through 18 or 19" as well.

The seats are just trial fitted for now. I'll use all the appropriate fasteners on the final fit.

I ordered these seats from www.jegs.com Not sure if they deliver worldwide or not, but they had the best deal on these seats and shipping was extremely cheap. Might be worth a try. Otherwise, look for a local dealer for Kirkey. There should be some on both sides of the pond, I would think.

smdl - 17/6/06 at 01:30 AM

Thanks for the info on the seats. I would never be able to fit seats that wide in my book chassis. That said, Ultrashield advises that their seats are only 5/8" wider than the hip measurement, so I could probably fit one of their 16" seats in.

We'll see!

Shaun

Oh, and Mark (CaL viNx), here's to you: