Board logo

harness position with high back seat
myeates - 18/9/06 at 08:27 PM

Hi all i have run into a small problem again, the seat i am using is the intatrim ranger and i want to mount a 4 point harness to it but the problem is the mounts need to be almost behind the back rest as i have an aditional bar going across the role bar to support these mounts. can the belts be fastened either side of the seat althought this may be over 250mm apart will this be a problem at all or should they be closer, the seat is pictured but i have no pictures of it in the car yet

thanks all

mark

RazMan - 18/9/06 at 10:13 PM

The main thing to check is that the harness doesn't bear against the seat when under tension. If it does then it could collapse when you need it most.
Will the harness go around the seat without touching anything when you are seated? The rear mounts will need to be at shoulder height.

[Edited on 18-9-06 by RazMan]

nick205 - 19/9/06 at 08:52 AM

Mark,

I'm using the same seats in my Indy and had the same concerns. Although ther's not much I can do as the chassis came with the harness mounts in place. I asked the question in relation to SVA - HERE

Mookaloid seemed to think they should be OK for SVA, having passed with the wider Intatrim Magellan seats fitted.

Hope this is of some use!

myeates - 21/9/06 at 07:52 PM

hi that sounds ok thanks for your help will have a look at it this weekend

thank you