Board logo

Harness hole trim for GTS seats?
the_fbi - 15/10/06 at 06:37 PM

I need to place an order with Woolies ( http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk ) so which is the best edge trim to get for around the harness holes?

I presume the seat edges are OK uncovered?

ta
Chris

StevieB - 15/10/06 at 06:56 PM

Best to do the seat edges as well - you can always take it off later if it doesn't look good, but it'd be a pretty bone thing to fail SVA on for the sake of a few quids worth of edging trim!

mark chandler - 15/10/06 at 08:34 PM

These are the wholesalers that supply woolies et al, they own the tooling.

Baines, tunbridge wells

Page 99 U shaped rubber with steel reinforcing (eps9's the stuff), comes in a few sizes all @ £1.11 per metre.

U shaped rubber

Also do ribbed floor mat etc, you will not find this stuff any cheaper !

Regards Mark

[Edited on 15/10/06 by mark chandler]

the_fbi - 15/10/06 at 08:52 PM

Excellent, thanks Mark

RazMan - 15/10/06 at 09:37 PM

Have a word with Cobra and they will supply the proper 2 part mouldings specially designed for harness holes.

the_fbi - 15/10/06 at 09:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RazMan
Have a word with Cobra and they will supply the proper 2 part mouldings specially designed for harness holes.

GTS as in Darren as in GTS Tuning, not GTS as in Cobra GTS seats

Unless you're saying that Cobra somehow do one which fits the seats Darren sells?

RazMan - 15/10/06 at 10:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by the_fbi

Unless you're saying that Cobra somehow do one which fits the seats Darren sells?

If you have a look at most seats they tend to use the same moulding - mine are Ultima seats and they fit. Not sure about your seats though

the_fbi - 15/10/06 at 10:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RazMan
quote:
Originally posted by the_fbi

If you have a look at most seats they tend to use the same moulding - mine are Ultima seats and they fit. Not sure about your seats though

Most seats these days (apart from the Ultima ones it seems) appear to have trianglar('ish) shaped harness slots, never seen any with "proper" plastic inserts in them. Even Caterham's version (Tillett) doesn't

Rubber edge trim is the way to go.

NS Dev - 18/10/06 at 11:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mark chandler
These are the wholesalers that supply woolies et al, they own the tooling.

Baines, tunbridge wells

Page 99 U shaped rubber with steel reinforcing (eps9's the stuff), comes in a few sizes all @ £1.11 per metre.

U shaped rubber

Also do ribbed floor mat etc, you will not find this stuff any cheaper !

Regards Mark

[Edited on 15/10/06 by mark chandler]

I "might" be able to get hold of a lot of edge trim at VERY good price.

If there is enough interest, I work for an extrusion company now that make the rubber extrusions for 85% of the world automotive market, and I know we have a lot of edge trim etc in stock.

If I can drum up a few thousand metres of demand we could possibly do a run and I can assure you the cost is a lot less than £1.00 a metre!!!