Board logo

Clock face clear plastic fronts
RichardK - 11/11/06 at 07:56 PM

Not sure exactly what these are called but I am using the standard sierra clocks and are going to be fixed to my dash back board and will have the proper board covered in vinyl, but would like to have the speedo viewed through a circle, does anybody know where I can get a slight bowl shaped bit of clear plastic that I can use to weather proof the speedo, the rev, temp, fuel and lights are rectangle shaped so should be able to get something for them, it's just the round one I think will be a problem.

If you have any ideas I really would appreciate them.

Cheers

Rich

Danozeman - 11/11/06 at 08:16 PM

Could u not get some perspex and warm it up over a bowl?? It should sag into it. Might need a bit of a push to make it go.

RichardK - 11/11/06 at 08:47 PM

Top idea, not thought of that. Nice one.

Rich

stevec - 11/11/06 at 09:17 PM

Some Watch maker/clock shops do these,
May be glass but worth asking.
Steve.

Confused but excited. - 11/11/06 at 09:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Danozeman
Could u not get some perspex and warm it up over a bowl?? It should sag into it. Might need a bit of a push to make it go.

You can warm it with a hair dryer. Watch your fingers, to get it to bend it needs to be quite hot. Also be careful when heating. too hot will create bubbles in the plastic.

Humbug - 12/11/06 at 10:51 AM

Might be easier to position the dials slightly back from the face of the dash with appropriate size/shape holes, then mount a flat piece of perspex behind the dash to cover the holes?