Board logo

shall i swap my seats?
d8mok - 6/12/06 at 07:48 PM

Just after a bit of advice. Currently i have some leather/vinyl seats in my stuart taylor that have a removable headrest and aren't very bucket-like. HAving looked on the stuart taylor web page they appear to cost £340 per a seat?? is this correct?

I was considering swapping to some bucket type seats either fibreglass or maybe some genuine westfield ones. Would i be mad to do this?? and how much could i sell my current seats for? cheers

GavBurns - 6/12/06 at 09:52 PM

I got a pair of fibre glass seats from stuart taylor for £160
Very basic seats ideal for my track car.

RazMan - 6/12/06 at 10:25 PM

Seats are such an individual thing and it really depends on your reasons for swapping them. An upholstered seat will force you to sit higher and give you less legroom - a bare fibreglass shell will get you as low as possible (still quite comfortable if the fit is good) and maximum legroom.

It's a good idea if it gives you an improved driving position imo.

Humbug - 6/12/06 at 10:43 PM

Are your current seats not comfortable or you just want to change the look? In my ST I originally had some Intratrim Rangers but found them a bit too thinly padded and a bit narrow for me. I've currently got some Westfield high back padded seats which I have found are very comfortbale for me, but I guess you really have to try them out. If you are after Westfield ones and don't want to buy new, try fleabay or the Westfield Sportscar Club - that's where I found mine: boardroom.wscc.co.uk/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi

davrus - 9/12/06 at 08:22 PM

if any one knows of any nice seats then please let me know.

d8mok - 11/12/06 at 07:21 PM

i just dont think they look the part. Is any1 interested in buying them or can u give me idea what theyre worth??
thanks