Board logo

anyone bought any of these?
auzziejim - 8/1/07 at 06:57 PM

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=017&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=270076460893&rd=1&rd=1 />
seem a reasonable price but just wondering if anyone here has bought any? if so what are thay like?

james

bracey - 8/1/07 at 07:16 PM

my indy has similar seats i have found them very suportive and to be honest very comfy all though some people would disagree ! i suppose it depends what you want?

Grahame L - 8/1/07 at 07:17 PM

Hi James,

They look almost identical to mine which I bought from MK Sportscars. Their seats are a near (very near) copy of some other seats whose origin I can't rememer, and these look identical (look at my pics in archive, although I have modified mine with carbon fibre).

As far as im concerned they are very confortable, I am approx 6 feet tall and 12.5 stone if that helps. Ask anyone on the MK section as many have them.

Grahame

Kissy - 9/1/07 at 07:14 AM

They look like a copy of the the seats Tillett make for Caterham. I can't rate these but I can rate Steve Tillett's products, top notch, cars or karting they are not the cheapest but possibly the best, and extremely well made in terms of crash-worthiness (minimal splintering)

Pants On Fire - 9/1/07 at 08:29 AM

I've got a pair of these in my Indy, not good for shall we say those who like a pie or 4, very narrow around the derrier but really supportive.

They should come with M8/10 (cant remember the size) fittings embedded in the seat frame for fitting quick and easy.

Also they are untrimmed so you'll need c8 metres of U section.

bimbleuk - 9/1/07 at 11:30 AM

Very popular MK sourced seats probably or a close copy. Which were a copy of the Tillet Chaterham seats as far as I could tell. I did have a pair for my Striker but no way would one fit in the passenger side (strikers don't have parallel chassis rails like most kit cars). The drivers side just a bout fits. Anyway they are a good comfortable supportive design. You do need to use all 4 mounting points on the base or the whole seat can twist.

Valtra - 12/1/07 at 09:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by auzziejim
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=017&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=270076460893&rd=1&rd=1 />
seem a reasonable price but just wondering if anyone here has bought any? if so what are thay like?

james

Just recieved mine today . and I have to say that though I've not looked too closely at others I'm very impressed with them . They are tidy well finished strong and comfortable (a bit of a tight squeeze round the ribs , I'm ahem! 13 1/2 stone and around 5'10+) for this price I see them as a real bargain and if anybody wants to see a few pics I can email them or if somebody can teach me I'll post them on here . delivery was quick and although he seems a man of few words he followed up the order and checked all was well

cheers
Ian

[Edited on 12/1/07 by Valtra]

Valtra - 12/1/07 at 10:03 PM

I see you are in Sleaford so if you want to check them out you are welcome to pop down sometime

cheers Ian

Valtra - 25/1/07 at 01:13 AM

Just to say I'm still impressed and the guy is getting other good feedback

Valtra - 29/1/07 at 08:56 PM

still impressed !!!

Chet - 31/1/07 at 10:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kissy
They look like a copy of the the seats Tillett make for Caterham. I can't rate these but I can rate Steve Tillett's products, top notch, cars or karting they are not the cheapest but possibly the best, and extremely well made in terms of crash-worthiness (minimal splintering)

AGREED - Tillett seats are very high quality. We have had great results with them in the Fury.

Chet