Board logo

getting more comfy
02GF74 - 5/3/07 at 02:10 PM

I have found on the 2 journeys to SVA that my right leg is not too comfy - the steering wheel is right up against it meaning it is at an awkward angle to work the pedals; something t hat I will notice more once on the road.

I already have 11 inch wheel and don't want to go smaller than that so what other options are there?

1. move steering column up to get up to 20 mm (already raised it once)
2. move steering wheel towards me to get past knee or further away (have one of those RD collaspible steering thingies)
3. fit thinner seats - fibre glass ones; ones I have have some padding but with no padding I could possibly sit a bit further way and lower

chassis/side panel mods aren't really on.

[Edited on 5/3/07 by 02GF74]

graememk - 5/3/07 at 02:14 PM

cut off your right leg or get a hand throttle ?

02GF74 - 5/3/07 at 02:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by graememk
cut off your right leg or get a hand throttle ?

ineresting, I would be entitled an oragne badge and park anywheerr I want.

scottc - 5/3/07 at 02:41 PM

lower the seat?
flat bottomed steering wheel?

graememk - 5/3/07 at 02:47 PM

i have a 10" wheel if you would like to try it?

DarrenW - 5/3/07 at 04:26 PM

Probs worth trying the collapsible boss first, might just move the wheel closer and get around the problem for you.

My Dad had this problem at first on his car. Steering position is oK for him but SVA tester failed the car as he couldnt drive it comfortably - mad or what???

miegru - 5/3/07 at 06:29 PM

Steering wheel higher is a logical one. But also try to play with the angle of the seat. Dependent on the length of your legs relative to your body and arms this can make your position much more comfy.

Same with using spacers to move the steeringwheel. One or two centimeters can make the difference..

milson - 13/3/07 at 12:53 AM

i put a removable wheel boss on mine and it moved the wheel about an inch away from my legs