Board logo

mail order abs sheet
jabbahutt - 13/3/07 at 11:24 AM

Hi

seen several forums where people have sourced abs plastic sheet from various suppliers.
Have any of you ordered this mail order? I'm looking for a decent size sheet of carbon effect and found a few places but wondered how well it survives coming via courier/post.

Has anyone ordered sheet via mail order? If you were happy with the price and condition it arrived could you let me know what company you used?

Thanks

smart51 - 13/3/07 at 12:47 PM

I bought a piece from MNR. It arrived unmarked. They only sell pieces that fit their car but they might be the right size for you. I know Europa spares and NF auto sell it as well.

trextr7monkey - 13/3/07 at 12:48 PM

Hi we buy it year round from a variety of suppliers - always comes well packed and if it is ABS it is fairly tough anyway - I bought a good sheet of carbon fibre style abs from Technology Supplies last week and it travelked fine- about £21.
we also deal with K and M and Suregrave etc
Never had any probs with deliveries, so far!!
Mike

asn163 - 13/3/07 at 12:50 PM

Hi, we bought our carbon effect sheet from ESP plastics, see below.

This arrived by post OK.

www.esp-plastics.co.uk

Simon

tim windmill - 13/3/07 at 01:45 PM

i will second esp plastics, ordered a few times and no problem with delivery on large or small pieces with a quick delivery time.

Vdub boy - 21/3/07 at 09:12 PM

Hi, new to this forum, interested in the carbon sheet for the interior on my Dax Rush. I was just wondering how hard wearing you all found it ,was it prone to scratching,cracking, crazing having rivets put thru it etc. Thanks in advance for any replies.

cheers

Leigh