Board logo

odyssey 2 vs cobra 7 seats
mkblade - 13/5/07 at 10:52 PM

still cant decide on what seats to go for,are they more or less same quality theres not much in the way of price difference.

im also trying to find out the height of the back of seat on these bottom to the middle of seat belt holes,i want to see how much of an angle i will have when the seat belts go through the holes and then bolt to chassis

thanks
simon

Humbug - 14/5/07 at 06:12 AM

I have heard (can't verify from personal experience) that the Cobras are a bit lacking in underthigh support.

I bought some s/h Westfield sports seats (not the race ones) which are a similar style but without harness holes and have found them very comfortable. There are often some for sale on WSCC and/or ebay (Westfield price is £230 each - not so locost!)

oliwb - 14/5/07 at 07:19 AM

I wasn't very impressed with the odyssey's I saw. They didn't seem very strong and twisted alot. This could have a lot to do with them being in a Tiger which means a corner of the GRP had to be hascked off! Oli.

Catpuss - 14/5/07 at 07:26 AM

At Stoneligh I found the lot selling the Odessey seats quite unfriendly and didn't really want to give me the time of day.

The seats were OK, but I preferred the feel of the Cobra seats.

The Cobra guy was very helpful and told me if I couldn't afford them at the show, they have a big sale in November each year where they sell of slight seconds (like blemeshes in upholstry) and surplus stock.

whitestu - 14/5/07 at 07:29 AM

I've got Cobras and find them very comfy.

Stu