Board logo

Seat pads - Custom made + shameless plug
DarrenW - 14/6/07 at 05:12 PM

Ive just ordered some new tailored seat pads for my Mac#1 seats. Will have at least one of them with me at Newark (hopefully both).

Made by the guy who has been advertising some on fleabay. His fit the Westie seats well but too small for mine, so i made a template and hes doing some custom jobbies.

Cant wait to pick them up tomorrow. Hes knocking up an ad as well for when im at Newark so if you are interested in some come over and take a look.

[Edited on 21/6/07 by DarrenW]

skippad - 14/6/07 at 06:01 PM

Hi Darren
Is that the guy from Shildon?
If it is, he does brill job...and cheap to!!
He made some for me last September.
I thought u had seen them.
Very comfortable and easy removable to clear out stones, etc.
Are u going to Newark?
A few of the teesside possy are going down on Sun if u fancy going...forecasts looking better!
Dave K

mad dad - 14/6/07 at 07:31 PM

a silly question but i have custom made pads in my seats but they are stuck in and i was thinking of removing them to clean the seats (stones and general rubbish) but not sure what to put them back with......so finally the question, how are yours fixed in and do they move about when driving, cornering etc....said it was a silly question

skippad - 14/6/07 at 08:57 PM

Hi there
Velcro!
Stitched to underside of pads and heavyduty double sided tape onto GRP seats.
Works well.
Skipp

DarrenW - 15/6/07 at 08:26 AM

Hi dave,

Im driving down tomorrow Mac#1 owners are having a get together at the show.

Yes, it is Anthony from Shildon. I tried the pad designed for Westie GRPO seats but they were too small. Ive made a template and he is making a pair for the same price - TOP MAN. I have to pick them up tonight. Worst case will be only one ready but that is OK considering i only ordered last night. I probs saw yours but as i wasnt after any at the time wouldnt have logged it in my Jurassic memory banks!!

All,

The Velcro he uses must be 2 inches wide. 2 long strips for the back rest and one in the base. Stitched to pad then self adhesive on the seats - holds the pads very firmly indeed.

The ones im getting made have small sticky out bits for the shoulder supports as well. Double thick foam under the thighs and double thick in one section of back rest as a lumbar support.

Im putting a (waterproof) ad on them when i get to the show in case anyone is interested. And as before if you want to try mine in your car then just ask, if it fits he has the template and can mail them out no probs.

DarrenW - 21/6/07 at 08:55 AM

Well, i dont know how he did it but one day after ordering both pads were ready. Now fully tested!! I did 250 ish miles at the weekend in all weather conditions (and yes that included a Tsunami across the A1!!!) and the pads performed superbly.

I have now ordered head rest pads and a cover for the fire extinguisher which will be ready tomorrow. Im half way through the template for the trans tunnel cover. Once i get them all in i'll sort out some pics.

In the mean time if you want some pads give Anthony a call on 07894118419 and tell him Darren from Bishop with the Dark blue car gave you the number. He will happily make pads if you send him a template (of course he already has a template for my seats if yours are the same!)