Board logo

what are you using????
ditchlewis - 24/7/07 at 08:00 AM

i have a set of sabelt 4 point harnesses. at the top where they bolt into the chassis what are you all using to remove the "sharpe" edge around the metal mounting on the belt (The triangular piece with the bolt in it).

i was thinking of glueing some rubber trim around it will this do?

ditch

nick205 - 24/7/07 at 08:09 AM

This was one of my SVA fail points with the same harnesses. I ended up super-gluing some rubber U trim around the edges to cover them. The trim I had was quite deep, so I had to trim it to clear the bolt head (which was fitted with a rubber nut cover). It's worth taking some time to make it look neat and tidy as it would leave a bit of a mess trying to remove it after SVA.

It's a shame to have to do it, but a small thing really in relation to the MAC certificate you'll get for doing it

bob - 24/7/07 at 08:09 AM

For SVA i used a rubber grommet to slip over threaded tube 1st then rubber edging on the metal that holds the top strap.

Sorry i have no pics but i'm sure you get the idea, hope this helps

whitestu - 24/7/07 at 08:12 AM

I used some single sided self adhesive foam tape. This was cut and stuck on to cover the edge..

Stu

Danozeman - 24/7/07 at 08:38 AM

Alot of cars have a cover over the seat belt top mount. My intention is to fit one of these. Whether itl be good enough for sva remains to be seen.

paulf - 24/7/07 at 05:59 PM

i used them on myu car , you need to have a look around a scrapyard and collect a few different ones as I found some didnt fit.The best bet would be to take a harness with you .
Paul.

quote:
Originally posted by Danozeman
Alot of cars have a cover over the seat belt top mount. My intention is to fit one of these. Whether itl be good enough for sva remains to be seen.