Board logo

making harness slots in seats
02GF74 - 15/8/07 at 06:18 AM

I have intatrim odyssey seats, like this one: and notice that they are avaialbe with harness slots, albeit called the odyssey II:

It seems that it should be possible to cut some harness slots but what could be used for the hole covers? (do intatrim sell these separate?) And would the seat backs need to be strengthened to make up for t he loss of material?

Avoneer - 15/8/07 at 06:29 AM

I think they look ugly with the holes though.

Pat...

02GF74 - 15/8/07 at 06:47 AM

ugly? who cares, it is not as if I can see the back ofthe seat when strapped in anyway. Form before function in a 7 as the harness won't neeed to go aroundthe seat sides.

RazMan - 15/8/07 at 07:17 AM

I bought some of those slots from Cobra Seats - they are a two part moulding that plugs together through the seat hole and fastens with a plastic rivet.

BenB - 15/8/07 at 08:11 AM

I'd make sure there's actually enough room for your neck between those slots!!
IIRC the Intratrim seat head rests are quite narrow. If the slots are too close together the harnesses will rub on the side of your neck and you'll end up having them go either side of the head rest anyway..... which would be a shame after cutting holes in your seat!!

RichardK - 15/8/07 at 10:00 AM

Odysey 2 are wider which is why they can handle the holes from a looks point of view, but the original odyseys where available with slots described on the "Seat Range" page here but strangley not advertised on the page solely for the Odysey. So it is possible.

Maybe ask if you can buy a couple of slots from Intatrim and a bit of advice, you never know.

So it should be possible to do but isn't something I'd have the bottle to do!

Cheers

Rich

[Edited on 15/8/07 by RichardK]

02GF74 - 15/8/07 at 10:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by BenB
I'd make sure there's actually enough room for your neck between those slots!!

good point!! that would really suck having the belts rubbing your neck!!