Board logo

seatbelt bolts - confussed
saigonij - 2/12/07 at 04:45 PM

I have a set of sabelt harneses ( i think thats how they are spelt ) i brought them from a guy on here, so i did not order them.

The top bolts went in to the chassis fine - which were 7/16. So i got some 7/16 nylocs for the bottom bolts, but they dont screw on...

so what coudl the bottom bolts be? M11 ??? if so, i cant find any M11 nylocs..

jos - 2/12/07 at 04:52 PM

Which manufacturers belts are they??

Have you asked the person you bought them off

rayward - 2/12/07 at 04:53 PM

do you mean nuts to fit the eye bolts on the bottom?

pretty sure the bottom mounts have to be captive nuts anyway so nylocs wouldn;t be any good

Ray

saigonij - 2/12/07 at 05:35 PM

no, you only need captive nuts of you cant get to the other side of the bolts - been reading alot of threads on here about that one...

ill have to ask the guy i brought them off, see if he knows which ones they are.. i know they came from europa.

Howlor - 2/12/07 at 05:53 PM

Yes my nuts passed the test without them been held tight!

Steve

tegwin - 2/12/07 at 06:22 PM

The bottom ones on my car are something bizare like 17/64

Litemoth - 2/12/07 at 06:24 PM

quote:

been reading alot of threads on here about that one...

Superb punn saigonij.
I'm not sure what sizes you have there but the thread pitch is usually fine on these things. This is a safety feature meaning that the nut/bolt has to turn through a much greater angle to become slack and turn more times before they come apart. For example, an m10 thread will come in 0.75, 1.0 and 1.25 pitch sizes depending on application. I would get new matched sets of nuts and bolts (8.8 tensile strength grade or better) and not play guess the thread. I'm guessing they're 7/16 UNF or something imperial. M11 doesn't exist as a std bolt.

saigonij - 2/12/07 at 08:35 PM

haha! never noticed that punn!!!

here is what i got,

https://www.europaspares.com/HARNESSES/SABELT_HARNESSES/SABELT_CATERHAM_4_POINT_HARNESS_2341.html

but i bought two sets of 7/16 nylocs and the threads in the nuts where very course ( if that unc ? ) and the threads on the bolts are fine ( is that unf ? )

not sure what to do now...

stuart_g - 2/12/07 at 09:24 PM

I bought some nyloc nuts for my Sabelt harnesses for the bolts that are supplied and they are 7/16 UNF.

Davey D - 2/12/07 at 10:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Howlor
Yes my nuts passed the test without them been held tight!

Steve

Oooooh errr... and what test might that be