Board logo

fiber glass seats
oadamo - 27/12/07 at 10:17 AM

has anyone got these seats 250198939630 off the bay. are they anygood and how do they
fix down to the floor. it doesnt look like there are any fitting with it.
adam

Humbug - 27/12/07 at 10:22 AM

If you look at picture G it shows you

scotty g - 27/12/07 at 10:23 AM

Erm...did you look at picture G, the one that show how and where the seat fits to the car? I'm guessing not otherwise you wouldn't have posted the quetion right?

They look well made and not a bad price for them either
Bugger, beaten to it again.

[Edited on 27/12/07 by scotty g]

David Jenkins - 27/12/07 at 10:30 AM

I think it was one of those seats I sat in while zooming round Snetterton - they are very comfortable!

oadamo - 27/12/07 at 10:30 AM

i didnt see you could click on em to open them up

nitram38 - 27/12/07 at 10:30 AM

I bought my seats from this seller and they are really good quality. They are not just fibre glass chopped strand, but a weaved matting that looks very tough but light.
Mine are slightly different in that I have sides that meet the floor.
The advantage with the ones you have shown, is that they can be tilted to any angle.
I opted for the seat pads and aluminium mounting brackets with mine, which knocked my purchase up quite a bit, but if you are prepared to make your own, these are a good buy.

dave-69isit - 27/12/07 at 04:58 PM

i mite have me some of themImage deleted by owner

Triton - 30/12/07 at 08:28 PM

I might know a bloke who does seats..
Cheers, Mark

Fozzie - 30/12/07 at 10:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Triton
I might know a bloke who does seats..
Cheers, Mark

Yeah, I got some luvverly seats from him!

Proper job!

Triton seat 2a
Triton seat 2a

Wide Boy seat by Triton

(Seat pads by DLT )

Fozzie

edited as my attempt at subtlety failed miserably

[Edited on 30-12-07 by Fozzie]

Dangle_kt - 30/12/07 at 11:06 PM

whats the price on a single one of the seats fozzie?

I only need one, and that one matches what I have (well it looks a bit better actually!!

Fozzie - 30/12/07 at 11:14 PM

Dangle...u2u sent..

Fozzie

Pete Jordan - 31/12/07 at 11:09 AM

Fozzie,

I'm thinking of getting a pair of Triton's Wide seats and really like the look of the seat pads. Who are DLT and what are the pads made of please?

thanks,

Pete

iank - 31/12/07 at 11:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Pete Jordan
Fozzie,

I'm thinking of getting a pair of Triton's Wide seats and really like the look of the seat pads. Who are DLT and what are the pads made of please?

thanks,

Pete

I believe DLT is Fozzie's HWDTO*
He's done a nice job on those pads. They look like thick (7mm or 10mm) neoprene to me.

* He Who Does The Obeying

Fozzie - 31/12/07 at 11:59 AM

Ian..........

Yep you are right......but.......I don't ask him to do owt...as far as the Fozzmobile is concerned...he made those seat pads (for both seats), as a pressie for me.....

He has even said he wouldn't mind those seats (with pads I might add) in his VX220Turbo.....

Pete...I have sent you a u2u....

ATB Fozzie

Triton - 1/1/08 at 05:29 PM

Hey Fozzie they look nice with the seat pads on...

I have some coming now the fella has done a proper cad drawing and dxf file thingy so fancy machine can munch them out.. 3 pieces, bum, back and noggin.
Not got a final price as based on numbers I order but not daft money they assured me of that.

Happy New Year
Cheers,
Mark

Findlay234 - 1/1/08 at 09:50 PM

are the seats comfortable for longer trips?

cheers

Triton - 1/1/08 at 11:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Findlay234
are the seats comfortable for longer trips?

cheers

With padding yes they are providing you don't have spanners owt daft like that in your pockets.

Cheers,
Mark

Fozzie - 2/1/08 at 11:50 AM

quote:
Hey Fozzie they look nice with the seat pads on...

I have some coming now the fella has done a proper cad drawing and dxf file thingy so fancy machine can munch them out.. 3 pieces, bum, back and noggin.
Not got a final price as based on numbers I order but not daft money they assured me of that.

Happy New Year
Cheers,
Mark

Thanks Mark....

Oh...and a very Happy New Year to you...

DLT.....he say......

'Typical!..........now HE has had to buy shares in Elastaplast and Steri-Strip...YOU go and get a seat-pad supplier sorted'....

Fozzie

Triton - 2/1/08 at 09:49 PM

Sorry to DLT.

Damn cold today what!
Mark

Triton - 2/1/08 at 09:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fozzie
Ian..........

Yep you are right......but.......I don't ask him to do owt...as far as the Fozzmobile is concerned...he made those seat pads (for both seats), as a pressie for me.....

He has even said he wouldn't mind those seats (with pads I might add) in his VX220Turbo.....

Pete...I have sent you a u2u....

ATB Fozzie

Well the narrower ones have been fitted into an Elise so why not the VX220....

Cheers,
Mark

Fozzie - 2/1/08 at 09:57 PM

oooOOOOooo

Is it possible to get a width measurement across the front ?

Triton - 2/1/08 at 11:07 PM

Hi Fozzie,
Narrower low sided are 412mm at front edge.I thought the VX220 was near enough a Lotus? or did I just make that up....

Cheers,
Mark

Fozzie - 2/1/08 at 11:16 PM

quote:
I thought the VX220 was near enough a Lotus? or did I just make that up....

Mark

Cheers Mark!

Oh yes...very much the same of course........

We just like measuring......

Oh ....and seeing if we can think of any/or have room for 'mods' now we have the exact size.....

Fozzie

Triton - 3/1/08 at 11:00 PM

Fozzie,
By the weekend I will have a new mould for the wide seat but with reduced headrest height to fit under tin tops..still got belt slots and the only change to those you had is the reduction in height by 100mm...Seat is more roundy roundy at the top if that makes sense?
Will post pics when taken the plug from the mould.

That will make 7 different seats I think... plus some being worked on soon for inflatables.....all gone a bit sit down mad!!

Cheers,
Mark

Fozzie - 3/1/08 at 11:51 PM

Sounds interesting! that would be a cool look!

But......

For the VX220 its the narrow seats we would be looking at, not the Wide-Boys a la Fozzmobile.....

Fozzie