Board logo

Brake warning lamp
chris taylor - 19/1/08 at 03:35 PM

Guys,
I have a Bright 6 which includes the brake fluid warning lamp, so do I need a seperate Brake warning lamp switch aswell for SVA?
thanks,
Chris.

[Edited on 19/1/08 by chris taylor]

[Edited on 19/1/08 by chris taylor]

nitram38 - 19/1/08 at 03:50 PM

You need a float switch on your cylinder resevoir and a handbrake switch or seperate test switch.
Basically when you pull the handbrake up or press a test switch you are testing that the brake warning circuit is working.

[Edited on 19/1/2008 by nitram38]

chris taylor - 19/1/08 at 04:17 PM

I have a brake fluid float switch on the reservoir, but what I was meaning was do I need seperate switches for both the h/brake and the fluid warning or can they be conbined into 1 warning lamp ?
thanks,
Chris

robinj66 - 19/1/08 at 04:34 PM

Combined into one will do it ( you don't actually need a handbrake warning light for SVA)

tks - 19/1/08 at 05:30 PM

you don't test the circuit.

Only the lamp.

the sva level switches are make contacts
sow you never cant test the circuit.
To test the circuit you would need a make and brake circuit in that swithc.

the circuit is tested when he opens the bottle and checks if the light begans to light up..

Tks

tks - 19/1/08 at 05:35 PM

a small hijack..

what would they do if the symbol isn't on the lamp but aside it???

Tks

02GF74 - 19/1/08 at 06:49 PM

wot they say. ^^^

see haynes sierra wiring diagram on how this is done.

if you still want a hand brake test switch with buil in lamp, see my lamps for sale post.

iank - 19/1/08 at 07:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tks
a small hijack..

what would they do if the symbol isn't on the lamp but aside it???

Tks

They fail you. Light has to shine through the symbol I'm afraid (only light where they insist on that - guess it's so if it lights at night you instantly know what's wrong).

bigrich - 19/1/08 at 07:39 PM

how mines wired up

chris taylor - 19/1/08 at 09:01 PM

Cheers fellas

02GF74 - 21/1/08 at 11:10 AM

bigrich has posted that before and if it is sierra cap then I dispute the lead designations as mine is different (pretty sure I have posted this); buzz the cap with a dvm to see who is right