Board logo

Ding dong
Triton - 2/4/08 at 08:22 PM

Well the woven seats have proven to be a good seller so gone a wee bit further with one and got the weight down to a mad 3.1kgs from 4.5ish for standard seat...but going lighter means tad more fiddlyness so takes longer.
They have a tissued finish to the backs for that added bit of specialness

"Superlight" seats will be £125 each plus posties bit available both low side and high side.
If enough interest will make the wide seats the same way but they will be a tad more.

Cheers,
Mark

eznfrank - 2/4/08 at 08:23 PM

Do you have any pics of them or are they on the bay??

welderman - 2/4/08 at 08:26 PM

as above, pictures

Triton - 2/4/08 at 08:28 PM

They are the same as the low side and high side but with tissue finish being the obvious visual difference to the rear.

Cheers,
Mark

Triton - 2/4/08 at 08:38 PM

Twit here took photos today of everything but the back of the seat....muppet!

They fit the same way as the standard version with bonded steel inserts in the base, thought of using ali but then thought best not! if cross thread the things it will cause allsorts of headaches so sticking to steel.

Might just have to put some in my T4 to make up for the filler used to hide the dents
Talking of T4's I have got a complete set of rear seats from a caravelle up for grabs...row of 2, a single and a row of 3. Will be valeted before sold so nice and fresh but they are in good nick. Open to offers around the 200 beer token mark.

Mark

se7ensport - 2/4/08 at 08:45 PM

slightly off topic -

spotted a airbox in your archive... planning on selling any?

Triton - 2/4/08 at 08:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by se7ensport
slightly off topic -

spotted a airbox in your archive... planning on selling any?

Snag with that, in the move I put it somewhere safe...so safe it's still hiding from me...

Will have another look as it's in there somewhere!!

Cheers,
Mark

se7ensport - 2/4/08 at 09:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Triton
......Snag with that, in the move I put it somewhere safe...so safe it's still hiding from me.......

I know that feeling too well, currently missing side windows, a couple of delicate tools, and most annoyingly a small tube of thread lock thats I spent an hour looking for

Triton - 2/4/08 at 09:04 PM

My usual trick is my phone...i put it down only for the gremlins to hide it from me.

I will have a look tomorrow for the airbox mould.
Cheers,
Mark

worX - 3/4/08 at 05:12 AM

Hi Mark,

Just looked at your airbox and glad I did, so I don't look like a complete muppet (which is the norm!) I was going to ask you if you fancied making something like this?
Steve

Triton - 3/4/08 at 07:52 AM

Best i make that the "thing" of the day to find the mould..

Mark