Board logo

4 mount points with 3 point belts
madmandegge - 13/4/08 at 09:33 AM

Hi,

When I purchased my Indy it came with a set of (unattached) Sabelt harnesses, which I didn't notice were 3 points. Coming to trying to attach these, obviously noticed I'm one mount short on the belts

Just to confirm I need to purchase a 4 point harness? I can upload a picture if noone knows what I'm talking about!

Thanks all - When IndyJohn reminded me where the original seat belts were, problem solved, I already had some 4 point harnesses in the boot! I haven't had this car long, and have forgotten so many things I've already got!

[Edited on 13/4/08 by madmandegge]

mookaloid - 13/4/08 at 09:38 AM

It would seem logical

madmandegge - 13/4/08 at 09:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mookaloid
It would seem logical

damn!

there's no way you can take one of the belts with the eyelet on the end off is there? don't expect this is possible as both belts are the same, booooo

eznfrank - 13/4/08 at 09:44 AM

Did you buy the kit from MK or as a part built?

madmandegge - 13/4/08 at 09:49 AM

Completed build, I assumed the seat belts had been taken out, but wasn't entirely sure!
Don't suppose its especially important, I can just buy more!

Paul TigerB6 - 13/4/08 at 10:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by madmandegge
When I purchased my Indy it came with a set of (unattached) Sabelt harnesses, which I didn't notice were 3 points.

Can you not contact Sabelt and see if they will sell a pair of shoulder straps on their own?? Might be worth a try talking nicely to them and telling them your situation - contact details are here
You would only need a pair of the bolt on or clip on attachments with attached belts to use with your existing buckles so hopefully not too dear at all.

[Edited on 13/4/08 by Paul TigerB6]

madmandegge - 13/4/08 at 10:21 AM

quote:

Can you not contact Sabelt and see if they will sell a pair of shoulder straps on their own?? Might be worth a try talking nicely to them and telling them your situation - contact details are here

I'm not sure, is that possible?

They look very much (exactly?) like the 3 point harnesses on this page http://www.sabelt.co.uk/harness5.php

Paul TigerB6 - 13/4/08 at 10:25 AM

quote:
quote:

I'm not sure, is that possible?

They look very much (exactly?) like the 3 point harnesses on this page http://www.sabelt.co.uk/harness5.php

If you look from the shoulder strap buckles down you will see the 3-point and 4-point harnesses are identical. The buckles are attached to the straps going to the lap straps i believe from memory?? Just need the straps to feed through your current buckles along with the attachments (i editted my above post after sending)

madmandegge - 13/4/08 at 10:39 AM

From what I can see the issue there would be that they're sewed into place, meaning none of the parts are replaceable. So I wouldn't be able to use the bit off the 4 point, as if I could attach it, I'd have an extra long bit from the top of the harness to the top buckle, I think?

edit - Sorry, just worked out what I hadn't realised before, 3 point I have doesn't have the buckle up top, its sewed into place, so I couldn't just swap them!
Anyone interested in some 3 points?

Paul TigerB6 - 13/4/08 at 10:50 AM

quote:
From what I can see the issue there would be that they're sewed into place, meaning none of the parts are replaceable. So I wouldn't be able to use the bit off the 4 point, as if I could attach it, I'd have an extra long bit from the top of the harness to the top buckle, I think?

Dont you have 2 buckles on the shoulder straps then with the ability to adjust the length there?? The belt simply feeds through the buckle doesnt it with the short length to the lap straps being stitched??

madmandegge - 13/4/08 at 01:46 PM

The bit fed through the belts is sewed, after sitting here looking at them intensely, they're definately 3 point harnesses, and are staying that way!

Thanks for the help anyway, anyone want some 3 point harnesses?