Board logo

Intatrim Odyssey Seats
Black Cat - 16/4/08 at 08:17 PM

Hi,

I have a pair of Intatrim seat that don't have harness holes and I wont to fit them. I went to the Detling show and spoke to Intatrim and its not a problem to retro fit them. Unfortunatly they did not have any available on the day. After e-mailing them, Intatrim have quoted me £50.00 including possage.

My question is, is there any one out there who knows of another supplier who can supply them cheaper or is there another solution?

Regards Steve

RichardK - 16/4/08 at 09:35 PM

I have those seats and thought about harness holes but then thought they would be too close together and would rub on my neck. Their again I am a lanky git.

I'm sure you have thought about the chaifing, but just thought I'd mention it just in case you haven't

Cheers

Rich

MikeRJ - 16/4/08 at 09:36 PM

The Odyssey's have very narrow backs, they are designed so the harness can go around the outside of the seat rather than through slots...unless you shoulders are narrower than the seat but then your name would be Kate Moss

stevebubs - 16/4/08 at 11:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RichardK
I have those seats and thought about harness holes but then thought they would be too close together and would rub on my neck.

Ditto - I had a set in My Fury. Although the harness holes look nice, I think not having them was a blessing in disguise.

Davey D - 17/4/08 at 08:55 AM

Ive just got a pair with harness holes, but like everyone has said - they are too close together, so im running the harnesses around the outside of the seat

02GF74 - 17/4/08 at 09:23 AM

I posted about this a while back and contacted Inatrim and Europa.

Inta trim were happy to sell me the plastic slots for around £ 50.

Europa advised me not to cut the seats as they will be too weak - I believe the ones with slots are wider.

In the end I didn't bother.

Black Cat - 17/4/08 at 09:15 PM

Well thats that then.

Thank you all for your comments, you have saved me a few quid which I can now spend on other things,

So if the seat belts go around the head rest, to be effective and comply with any SVA requirements do they need to lay in a straight line from the rear fixings over the shoulder as I think there might be a slight kink where it touches the side of the seat in my car and will it matter if the rear harness fixing points are higher than your shoulder when sitting in the seat as I intend to weld a cross rail horizontally to my roll bar for this purpose as the designed fixing points on the Tiger Avon when using these seats would make the problem worse ?

In a tin top the top fixing point for the seat belts is generally set higher than your shoulder,

Steve