Board logo

digital speedo thread
tcr - 8/6/08 at 11:51 PM

can anyone tell me where to find the thread that tells me how to program my digital speedo ie:tyre circumferance divided by diff ratio +innerleg lenght
help

loggyboy - 9/6/08 at 05:50 AM

what make is it?

DaveFJ - 9/6/08 at 08:03 AM

I used one of those calculators and the end result was so far off it was pointless. Mine was reading 25mph @ 60!!

the only way to be sure is to drive it. IMHO it is pointless doing all the calcs and adhjusting it beforehand. I got the wife to drive along in front and flash the indicators @ exactly 60 (as per the built in satnav). did a few adjustments on route to SVA and by the time I got there I was reading a nice 1mph below across the range

02GF74 - 9/6/08 at 08:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DaveFJ
I used one of those calculators and the end result was so far off it was pointless. Mine was reading 25mph @ 60!!

the only way to be sure is to drive it. IMHO it is pointless doing all the calcs and adhjusting it beforehand. I got the wife to drive along in front and flash the indicators @ exactly 60 (as per the built in satnav). did a few adjustments on route to SVA and by the time I got there I was reading a nice 1mph below across the range

that's a fail as the speedo must no under read; over is fine.

I did the sums for my bike speedo and got it about 1 % over whcih was spot on perfect for SVA.

For my gearbox driven speedo, bearing in mind I did not know hte drive ratio, it was within 15 % - using the bike speedo as reference and driving has fixed that one.

DaveFJ - 9/6/08 at 08:55 AM

oops - of course I meant Above... sorry

02GF74 - 9/6/08 at 12:39 PM

see here

basically you need to go through the same steps.