Board logo

runners to floor question
RK - 12/6/08 at 01:29 PM

My runners are out of a Toyota Celica. As such they are longer than, say, MG ones. The front bolts go through the steel cross plate on the MK type chassis, the back ones go straight into the ally. I have put a steel strip under the runners, between the ally and the runner itself.

Is this going to be well enough attached for an inspector, and mainly, for my safety? I need the runner for my provincial inspection. It can come off after.

Thanks again as usual, chaps.

RickRick - 12/6/08 at 01:38 PM

why do you say you need the runner for the inspection i was planning to mount my seat straigh to the floor not more silly rules?

Humbug - 12/6/08 at 01:39 PM

If you've got an ali floor, it would be better to put a steel strip underneath the floor (or maybe in addition to the one on top), to minimise possible pull-through of the bolts.

worX - 12/6/08 at 01:41 PM

It is fine - no strips of steel are necessary.

You just need load bearing washer and that should pass fine!

Steve

RK - 12/6/08 at 04:28 PM

Very well! Thank you again!

I need runners for my Canadian Provincial registration; every province is different. British Columbia, for example asks for 4" bumpers front and back, while Quebec asks for a windshield visor for the driver, etc (multiply this by 5 and you have it for Canada!). Don't ask how the Caterhams get approved - I don't think I could tell you.

[Edited on 12/6/08 by RK]

[Edited on 12/6/08 by RK]