Board logo

Ka Clocks
Stott - 9/9/08 at 07:42 PM

Evening,

I've found some Ka clocks in the garage out of an 03 collection with the silver faces and got to thinking that they might look nice with a cnc'd front panel in the centre of my dash, but....

1: I can get a cable for it from CBS but callibration? Any experiences whether they are the same as the sierra ones? / rough enough?

2: No tach present, do I just have a huge shift light in place of the engine management light or does anyone know of a diy type I can fit into the bottom of the cluster, bar graph or numerical?

3: No water temp present, as Q2, warning lamp only or diy equivalent?

Failing that it will be an Acewell 3250 but I don't really like the look of it and have been told it's a bit crappy

whitestu - 9/9/08 at 07:48 PM

I've got an Acewell and am very happy with it - works really well.

Stu

Stott - 9/9/08 at 07:55 PM

Great, how's the wiring, have been informed it's alittle flimsy although this is prob bad information.....

How/where did you mount the speedo pickup?

tegwin - 9/9/08 at 09:46 PM

IMHO...Wouldnt bother with the KA clocks...

If you had a cluster with all the functions you needed I would say its worth while getting an electronic controler for it, but not worth it for those...

Guages/stack dashes are not that expensive

Stott - 9/9/08 at 10:28 PM

I don't need a controller of any sort as the fuel gauge is the right resistance range, the speedo is cable driven and it has all the required warning lamps, just was wondering about a cheap small tacho & temp gauge to fit into it

Gauges are circa £400 with senders last time I looked which is why I'm considering the 3250 at £88 ish all in

whitestu - 10/9/08 at 09:06 AM

quote:

Great, how's the wiring, have been informed it's alittle flimsy although this is prob bad information.....

Wiring seemed fine to me - I've certainly had no problems with it.

quote:

How/where did you mount the speedo pickup?

The magnet is glued to the prop with Epoxy and then wrapped with tape. The pick up is mounted on a bracket bolted to the chassis - it works fine, and I've had not problems except when I forgot to tighten the bolts and the bracket fell off.

The fuel gauge works perfectly with the Sierra sender, and you also get a volt meter and temp gauge as well.

Stu