Board logo

Top harness mounts
sprouts-car - 17/9/08 at 01:42 PM

Looking at this picture:

from this thread: http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=82235

The harness is just going round a strong part of the chassis and back to itself. Would this be SVA ok?

Chris

Howlor - 17/9/08 at 02:03 PM

I don't see why not as this is Bluebook compliant.

Steve

Dangle_kt - 17/9/08 at 02:15 PM

seat looks like a stressed part of the seatbelt system, so doesnt that make it complicated?

pewe - 17/9/08 at 04:33 PM

^^^ Wot dangle said plus I think Mr SVA would take issue with the fact that the straps ends aren't permanently joined or anchored. They look as if they are threaded through the buckles which is not a perm. fix.

Cheers, Pewe

blakep82 - 17/9/08 at 05:28 PM

i find it quite strange that SVA requirements seem often more strict than MSA bluebook.

sprouts-car - 17/9/08 at 09:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by pewe
^^^ Wot dangle said plus I think Mr SVA would take issue with the fact that the straps ends aren't permanently joined or anchored. They look as if they are threaded through the buckles which is not a perm. fix.

Cheers, Pewe

Wouldnt the loop through the buckle normally just go through what ever is bolted to the chassis anyway? And therefore be just as removable.

But i guess rules are rules even if they dont make sence.

Chris

blakep82 - 17/9/08 at 09:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by sprouts-car
quote:
Originally posted by pewe

Cheers, Pewe

Wouldnt the loop through the buckle normally just go through what ever is bolted to the chassis anyway? And therefore be just as removable.

But i guess rules are rules even if they dont make sence.

Chris

the buckles will be just like the adjusters on your chest