Board logo

finally a photo
jabbahutt - 18/9/08 at 07:05 AM

[img]http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/photos.php?action=showphoto&photo=interior%20resized.JPG[img]

[Edited on 18/9/08 by jabbahutt]

[Edited on 18/9/08 by jabbahutt]

jabbahutt - 18/9/08 at 07:08 AM

okay I give up, not only did the photo not appear but all my text from the post failed to materialise as well.

Basically here is the finished interior, I'd appreciate any comments on potentail problems for SVA.

Thanks to Zetec who many moons ago kindly explained how he's achieved his stunning interior which inspired me to do this in the first place.

Could anyone help with the image, I did exactly what has been mentioned countless times in other posts?

Cheers
Nigel

nib1980 - 18/9/08 at 07:09 AM

[img][/img]

jabbahutt - 18/9/08 at 07:10 AM

thanks for posting the photo much appreciated.

Nigel

l0rd - 18/9/08 at 07:17 AM

A piece of art.

nige - 18/9/08 at 07:17 AM

give yourself a pat on the back
thats a top job an well finished off

blakep82 - 18/9/08 at 07:18 AM

looks stunning!
though why does the speedo say you're doing 15mph?

oh, and so you know, the 2nd [img] thing should look like this [/img]

jabbahutt - 18/9/08 at 07:21 AM

the speedo still needs calibrating, it's on my list of jobs to do. It needs to be driven for 1 mile and then the gauge self calibrates! work of the devil if you ask me

blakep82 - 18/9/08 at 07:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jabbahutt
the speedo still needs calibrating, it's on my list of jobs to do. It needs to be driven for 1 mile and then the gauge self calibrates! work of the devil if you ask me

ah makes sense. i'd seen them like that before, but i never knew why

Mr Whippy - 18/9/08 at 07:26 AM

wow very impressed what a great job you've done

02GF74 - 18/9/08 at 07:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jabbahutt

It sounds mystical but ^^^^ it isn't. You just need to find a route that is exactly one mile long.

Good job. 9/10.

I take it that is a wind deflector as opposed to a full screen? If so, then check the height of it - in the photo it looks rather high for it not to be classed as a windscreen.

Paul TigerB6 - 18/9/08 at 07:45 AM

Doesn't that look superb!! Having seen it at the weekend i can tell you it looks even better in the metal (sorry, MDF/vinyl etc).

Hope you have sent those SVA forms of Nigel

Ivan - 18/9/08 at 07:51 AM

You should be very proud of that - I would be if I produced it.

speedyxjs - 18/9/08 at 07:53 AM

Wow. Iv never seen such a smart interior. Well done

mackei23b - 18/9/08 at 07:54 AM

Looks great, well done!

Cheers

Ian

Guinness - 18/9/08 at 08:01 AM

Wow! That's inspirational. Amazing work there!

Mike

zetec - 18/9/08 at 08:33 AM

Blimey mate, knocks mine into a cocked hat! I'll have to get the MDF and jigsaw out! Well done.

Slater - 18/9/08 at 08:46 AM

That's the best looking dash I have seen in a long time. Looks very professional.

nick205 - 18/9/08 at 08:50 AM

Bloomin' Eck Nigel!

That is absolutely stunning - the fully trimmed look really works well and looks superbly executed.

I'm going to have to not look at mine until I've forgotten what yours looks like.

Get busy with your SVA and Reg and enjoy a fantastic achievement.

hobzy - 18/9/08 at 08:51 AM

Fantastic effort well done - looks amazing!

Hammerhead - 18/9/08 at 09:30 AM

very well done. Looks very good indeed.

I spent ages staring at my car last night trying to figure out how my interior should look. Now I have inspiration.

Steve.

jabbahutt - 18/9/08 at 09:40 AM

Thanks for all the kind comments. The inspiration for mine was seeing Zetec's dash and wanted something similar but without blantly ripping it off.
Apart from looking through the photos on this forum I sat there with a pad of paer and just sketched shapes until I had something I was happy with.

Then out came the faithful Cornflakes packets and tried everything with templates to see how it fitted.

Only regret was listening to the vinyl supplier who said not to glue the material to the front face as that is the only place I've got slightly slack material. MDF is machined flat so it's fine to glue to as long as you wipe it clear of dust and bits first.

I've got another full set of ideas for a digital dash set up for the next project if it gets started (i.e the wife lets me and this one passes it's SVA)

Mr Whippy - 18/9/08 at 09:56 AM

I wonder if a hair dryer would help shrink the slacker bits once they have cooled down. Nice job though and very stylish

nick205 - 18/9/08 at 10:27 AM

Nigel,

Looking at the pic again, is that ally tread plate in the footwells or is it the vinyl flooring look-a-like stuff. Looks good either way, but i like the idea of beign able to easily remove vinyl "floor mats".

Jesus-Ninja - 18/9/08 at 10:32 AM

Fantastic! Really makes me want to pull my finger out and get on with mine!

jabbahutt - 18/9/08 at 10:40 AM

Nick

It's vinyl flooring off e-bay! I made 4mm ply templates of all the exposed ali floor pieces and stuck the vinyl to it and trimmed around the wood.

Two advantages, firstly it keeps the vinyl from moving around and avoids needing to stick it down and secondly the ply adds just enough depth to pin all the bottoms of the interior panels against the chassis removing the need to fix them as my drilling is poor to say the least.

David Jenkins - 18/9/08 at 11:11 AM

That's really smart - I'm very impressed!

Just one caution - check your sight-line across the top of your screen, as I reckon you're quite close to the SVA limit.

Richard Quinn - 18/9/08 at 11:15 AM

I have to admit that interiors are not my thing as I have always had a fixation with minimalist (lazy git!) but I have to say that I am really, really impressed with that!

chris_smith - 18/9/08 at 12:05 PM

exceptional very good clean job pure inspiration

Stuart_B - 18/9/08 at 01:16 PM

that look's great.

stuart

MautoK - 18/9/08 at 08:01 PM

As they say down here, 'proper job'!
Puts my cut-down Sierra clocks well in the shade!

Macbeast - 19/9/08 at 02:54 PM

Well FFS !!!!!

You had us all fooled didn't you with your pretence of helplessness while all the time you were turning out that beauty

Well done indeed Nigel. You should be very proud of it