Board logo

Ultra Violet Light Box, Free to good home
Paul_C - 16/1/12 at 10:48 AM

Hello,

Not really car related but I have an Ultra Violet Light box designed for exposing Photo Sensitive resist for making DIY PCBs that hasn't been used for many years. The specifications are:-
Model: Decon 415, Type: UVL-415
Exposure area = 470 x 255 mm, 4 off 15 W tubes, total power 60 W.
Overall dimensions = 625 x 290 x 130 mm excluding hinges and catches
Clockwork adjustable timer, 0 to 6 minutes.
A quick, not recommended, glance at the Ultra Violet light shows that it's working.
The foam on the lid has gone all crunchy and is turning to dust.
It's made of chip board so it's heavy and will need to be collected from Staines (upon Thames).
It's free to anyone who can make use of it.

tegwin - 16/1/12 at 11:03 AM

Already have a lightbox... but if you happen to have a reflow oven or solder dispensing equipment.!?!?

wilkingj - 16/1/12 at 12:16 PM

1st Dibs please...

U2U sent...

Geoff

Paul_C - 16/1/12 at 02:09 PM

Hello,

I don't have a reflow oven or solder dispensing equipment unfortunately. I think that's a bit beyond amateur electronics. Getting that all to produce an assembled PCB requires a fair amount of knowledge and experience which I don't have.

Jaybeee - 20/1/12 at 11:05 PM

Hi do you still have the lightbox? A friend of mine is a teacher and might be able to use it for the electronics projects with the kids. If you do I will be at Magna Carta school on Wednesday evning at our engineering group. We use the lathes etc. if your free pop down and meet like minded guys who bring in things for old cars to work on.

SteveWalker - 21/1/12 at 12:27 AM

Elektor or EPE (I can't remember which) have published a couple of projects using a microcontroller to control the temperature of a small, domestic, electric oven for reflow soldering.

Paul_C - 21/1/12 at 11:25 AM

Hello,
I still have the light box wilkingj (Cambridge) expressed an interest but the problem is distance. It's going to be expensive to ship with the risk of damage.
If I still have the light box next week I can bring it to the school on Wednesday. What hours do the engineering group meet?

Jaybeee - 21/1/12 at 11:22 PM

Hi Paul

We are there between 7 and 9 but we have a cup of tea about 7:45-8:00. If you can't make it I could collect it one evening.

Cheers Jason

Paul_C - 22/1/12 at 11:02 AM

Hello Jaybeee,
The cup of tea is tempting. I will visit this Wednesday and bring the (heavy) UV box.