Board logo

i got id'd in Sainsburys today
dan__wright - 8/8/09 at 08:11 PM

fair enough you would think, im 22 and most places operate a think 25 scheme.

but what was i buying?

alcohol?

no.....

a knife / scissors?

no......

solvents?

no......

an age restricted film / game

no....

tobacco?

no!

it was this:

the poor girl behind the till, i started taking the wee asking if it was because i could stab someone with it or get high off it and the couple behind joined in and said i might pistol whip someone with it.

i mean seriously, WTF!

x_flow57 - 8/8/09 at 08:25 PM

My 21 year old son was ID'd in Tescos the other day buying "PLASTIC TEA SPOONS" ffs.

What is this country coming to.

Nick

[Edited on 8/8/09 by x_flow57]

Staple balls - 8/8/09 at 08:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dan__wright

it was this:

the poor girl behind the till, i started taking the wee asking if it was because i could stab someone with it or get high off it and the couple behind joined in and said i might pistol whip someone with it.

i mean seriously, WTF!

haha, genius.

I've taken to asking to see the person serving me's ID whenever I get ID'd, especially if they're young, It puts them on the back foot, and are left with the option of finding a supervisor, or just serving me.

Young guys are easy too, just ask if they're taking the effing piss, and I always get served.

I've also found I'm more likely to get ID'd if I'm buying a few small bottles of random stuff (usually for cooking) than if I buy a large amount of anything, even cider or alchypops.

btw, I'm 24 (tall and wide, too) I just refuse to carry ID unless it's needed for something official. I didn't need ID to buy booze when I was 14, why should I now?

bobert - 10/8/09 at 12:14 PM

im 25 and i still get asked for id.

Mr Whippy - 10/8/09 at 12:23 PM

wish I looked young enough to get asked my ID

kipper - 10/8/09 at 02:32 PM

The girls at my local Tesco will ask us old gits for ID if you agree to put some change in the charity box. It makes us feel good on two counts
Denis.

MikeR - 10/8/09 at 04:45 PM

Try googling why you where asked for ID on spoons......

its a serious thing!!!

be careful you don't hurt anyone with them now you've got them.

RK - 11/8/09 at 02:38 AM

Because the world economy depends on companies eliminating as many paying customers as possible... sounds like a money laundering operation if you ask me. "If we keep this up, we'll never sell anything again, and use all this as one great big huge tax deduction". "Yeah, that's the ticket!"