Board logo

Exterior Stickers - where from
Kriss - 28/1/08 at 03:58 PM

I am wanting to get my R1 Indy stickered up. Not full on graphics but some subtle "yamaha", tuning forks logos, etc etc.

Now, I want these made to my own dimensions rather than an off the shelf sticker kit from ebay. Problem is, my local sign writer wants £40 plus vat just for a couple of tiny stickers!

anyone in the trade or know a fairer price person?

RazMan - 28/1/08 at 04:12 PM

Your local sign shop will normally help you - if not then try another one. I used to do a lot of race cars when I was a signmaker - all sorts of logos.

[Edited on 28-1-08 by RazMan]

PAUL FISHER - 28/1/08 at 04:15 PM

Try Edwards Signs,they do all the signs for MK sportscars,so they will no what your after,good quality and very good prices,give them a ring 01709 817732,or mobile 0786 605 2510

worX - 28/1/08 at 04:17 PM

Well as you said your local sign shop can't really help you, I can suggest this guy - he's really good at doing what you say rather than "off the shelf"... and with good prices too!

His name is Andy,
http://www.morgandesigns.com

Cheers,
Steve

Kriss - 28/1/08 at 04:24 PM

brillaint

Thanks for all yoru replies and u2u's.

will write down exactly what I need and then contact these chaps. As I said, my local shop was useless- simply not intrested!

graememk - 28/1/08 at 07:25 PM

i wouldnt say £40 for some bespoke signs was a bad price to be honest.

roadrunner - 28/1/08 at 07:32 PM

I know you said you did'nt want the one's off fleabay, but they are the ones i have, and there quite good, various sizes also.

afj - 28/1/08 at 08:19 PM

sign team in peterborough are top they also do work for radicals www.thesignteam.com

[Edited on 28/1/08 by afj]

niceperson709 - 28/1/08 at 09:13 PM

Why not try Yamaha themselves? they have some very nice crossed tuning forks badges fitted to the 250cc V twin road bikes .

DarrenW - 29/1/08 at 09:58 AM

You will find its artwork generation that pushes the cost up on a small run. Using a company that has been used before on here may prove better as they may already have the artwork that can be slightly altered to suit your dimensions.

G3OFF - 1/2/08 at 02:15 PM

hi chaps,

if u get stuck, let me know have a 24" vinyl cutter at home

Rat Boy - 9/2/08 at 01:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Kriss
I am wanting to get my R1 Indy stickered up. Not full on graphics but some subtle "yamaha", tuning forks logos, etc etc.

Now, I want these made to my own dimensions rather than an off the shelf sticker kit from ebay. Problem is, my local sign writer wants £40 plus vat just for a couple of tiny stickers!

anyone in the trade or know a fairer price person?

Yep, do racecar vinyl.

I'm close to Brands Hatch so not that far away from you.

Give me a call if you're not sorted yet or maybe drop in at the workshop so we can have a measure up.

If you let me know you are coming I'll get the kettle on.