Board logo

r1 radiator and fan wiring
kev R1 - 22/2/06 at 08:14 PM

help wanted please!!
on my rad i have a black and a brown wire coming out of the temperature sender which is linked to a connector that comes out as green + brown this then goes to the fan as it comes out of the fan you're left with 3 wires one green one brown and obvious earth.

from the R1 loom i have 1x brown and 1x blue wire marked up as rad switch.
how do i wire this up

i also have a green/red wire and a black/blue wire which according to the haynes is supposed to be wired to a temperature sender? i'm lost! any help much apreciated,kev

smart51 - 22/2/06 at 08:47 PM

is yours an early R1 with a separate themerature sensor and thermostat switch or a later one with a combined sensor and switch?

kev R1 - 22/2/06 at 09:28 PM

i think it's a '99 there in the haynes manual the temp sender is nowhere near the rad switch, cheers,kev

Jasalarms - 23/2/06 at 12:39 AM

Kev, i had that nissan micra rad modified with the R1 temp sender. should only be one connection to that.

When i tested the fan switch i found the extra wire could be used with a switch as a overide to bring the fan on in hot conditions.

Dont think i was goner use the R1 wiring for the fan switch, just rely on the micra one already wired to the fan.

But i could be wrong