Board logo

Nice arse ( NOT )
pinto - 12/8/09 at 09:09 PM

Pic 3
link

[Edited on 06/12/2008 by pinto]

RichardK - 12/8/09 at 09:11 PM

Mmmm not my cup of tea but would look better with a wheel in there I think.

Rich

[Edited on 12/8/09 by RichardK]

ReMan - 12/8/09 at 09:12 PM

If I have a good idea like that, take me out back and shoot me

zilspeed - 12/8/09 at 09:18 PM

Mine is similarly yellow, but I hope it's a bit less challenging from behind.
(This one isn't mine, but it's a far better pic than I have to hand.

[Edited on 12/8/09 by zilspeed]

Guinness - 12/8/09 at 09:29 PM

Wow

"Midtec Spider, making Duttons look good!"

Mike

ReMan - 12/8/09 at 09:30 PM

Nowt wrong with yellow, it's the new green

LBMEFM - 13/8/09 at 06:14 AM

You could install a fan in it and have a wind powered car.

Land Locked - 13/8/09 at 06:15 AM

Thats just fugly!

speedyxjs - 13/8/09 at 06:58 AM

Would probably look ok with a wheel in there. Thats obviously what it has been designed for.

speedyxjs - 13/8/09 at 06:59 AM

I quite like the front.

Ivan - 13/8/09 at 07:45 AM

It never ceases to amaze me how many budding Kit Car manufacturers go to an amazing amount of trouble and expense to make a really ugly body and then wonder why their product fails.

It takes just as much effort to make something that's attractive and possibly marketable, and if you don't have the skills employ someone who does - as part of the overall cost of prototype construction the cost of a proper body shape design is small change and could make the difference between success and failure.

Staple balls - 13/8/09 at 08:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by speedyxjs
I quite like the front.

It looks like a surprised fish.

Guinness - 13/8/09 at 08:43 AM

Wasn't it designed by Lee Noble? Who went on to design the Noble M12 etc

Mike

Ivan - 13/8/09 at 08:51 AM

If it was designed by Noble then it should handle well but I still wonder what it was that motivated him to produce something that f ugly. Basically kit cars are only successful if they fulfil a dream - which is why 7's and Cobras outsell anything else - or offer you supercar performance and looks for working class pockets - on top of that they have to be aspirational - and that will never be the latter.

[Edited on 13/8/09 by Ivan]

gingerprince - 13/8/09 at 11:00 AM

UUUGH, it looks like goatse!!!!

(If you don't know what that means, DON'T look it up, you'll regret it. Just be thankful your mind hasn't been soiled!)

Staple balls - 13/8/09 at 11:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by gingerprince
UUUGH, it looks like goatse!!!!

(If you don't know what that means, DON'T look it up, you'll regret it. Just be thankful your mind hasn't been soiled!)

You owe me a keyboard, this one's full of diet coke now.

lotusmadandy - 13/8/09 at 11:29 AM

Thats just wrong

Andy

02GF74 - 13/8/09 at 11:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by speedyxjs
Would probably look ok with a wheel in there. Thats obviously what it has been designed for.

Well I never! I thought it is for when you park on a slope, fill it with water so your pet duck has somewhere to swim.

.... but if you put a wheel in there, then you won't be able to see the reg so that can't be it.

woodster - 13/8/09 at 12:10 PM

the back looks like the scream mask from the horror film ....... i can't post piccys or i would

dickie b - 13/8/09 at 01:40 PM

I have to admit to having a soft spot for the Midtec..

mainly due to it having an inline / transaxle configeration that no one seem to do in small kit cars, but de-rigeur in larger stuff like GT40s and Ultimas.

But nothing to do with the way it looks. I could just about live with the front, but the back end is just hideous. Fetch the powersaw !