Board logo

engine recon
markyeates - 30/9/03 at 08:11 PM

hello all
i am now over halfway into my build and its looking realy good so far and i need to get the engine reconditioned as it is a non runner and it hasnt been for some time and in dire need of attention.

i live in north lincolnshire and i was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is any firms locally that can do it as i havent a clue

thanks in advance

regards mark

givemethebighammer - 30/9/03 at 08:26 PM

I looked into this.

Unless you are going to recondition yourself. It is probably cheaper to find another running engine.

In fact the quote I got to recondition my first non running 2.0L zetec was more than a new Zetec from Ford !!!

My second running Zetec came from a 50,000 mile auto car that had suffered a back end smash and had been written off. Cost me £250

Don't know what the situation is for Pinto and Xflow engines is, but most of my quote was labour so probably little difference !!!

[Edited on 30/9/03 by givemethebighammer]

eddie - 1/10/03 at 12:58 AM

if you want a full donor, to plunder (especially a zetec) try googling a car salvage place such as car transplants(not your area, but hopefully you'll get the idea.....

you dont say what engine, but if you want a sierra, they go from £50 zetec fords from £3-600 just get the stuff you want and ditch the rest....

Rob Lane - 1/10/03 at 09:26 AM

What engine is it ?

Peteff - 1/10/03 at 10:28 AM

Buy a copy of the autotrader for your area and look in there. Usually if your engine is not obsolete there will be exchange engines available from different reconditioners.

yours, Pete.

markyeates - 1/10/03 at 05:36 PM

oh yes i noticed i didnt say wot engine it was its a 1.3 x-flow