Board logo

diffusers
mortsi - 12/9/14 at 06:18 PM

recently purchased front and rear diffuser from sa motorsport for my mk indy had them around a month just havnt had chance to fit them.

finally come round to fitting them now but just not sure the best way to fit them,bit puzzled to be honest.

any pictures or info on fitting them would be great

43655 - 12/9/14 at 06:55 PM

curious about the front diffuser where does it 'exhaust' to? out the sides?

mortsi - 12/9/14 at 07:03 PM

BEC so exhaust at side well out of way.

to be fair would be easier if i could get someone to fit them depending where when and cost of course

marco - 12/9/14 at 07:11 PM

where in west yorks are you? I'm up in Thirsk and have a rear diffuser fitted that I made.

mortsi - 12/9/14 at 07:15 PM

im in castleford west yorkshire

when holding the rear one up it touches the bottom of the suspension arms does yours?

id just like to see how others have done theres so gives me an idea what the best option is

loggyboy - 12/9/14 at 08:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mortsi
BEC so exhaust at side well out of way.

to be fair would be easier if i could get someone to fit them depending where when and cost of course

I think there was a touchvor sarcasm in 43655s post, you cant really have a front diffuser, its called a spliter at the front, and a diffuser at tge rear, by the nature of there purpose.

mortsi - 12/9/14 at 08:16 PM

aaahhhhhh reading it again i get it! damn you

after all i am a newbie

43655 - 12/9/14 at 08:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy

I think there was a touchvor sarcasm in 43655s post, you cant really have a front diffuser, its called a spliter at the front, and a diffuser at tge rear, by the nature of there purpose.

not intended, it is a legitimate thing, but pretty rare even on race cars!
I was a bit surprised to see it brought up considering the average kit car isn't particularly aerodynamically biased

oh well...

coozer - 13/9/14 at 03:32 PM

Have a look at this thread:

http://locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=192273

Surely SA will tell you how to fit them?

Boylers11 - 24/9/14 at 12:58 PM

I made my own out of sheet ally if this helps.....

and on and painted properly.....