Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Dashboard
Humbug

posted on 17/4/05 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
Dashboard

I just made a mockup of my dash - I've got the Stuart Taylor c/f dash with built-in radiused bottom edge. It seems very short from top top bottom, i.e. a lot of space underneath.

The scuttle has a large overlap (at least a couple of inches) where the dash will fix. It is currently right out to the edge of the scuttle, but any thoughts on just moving the dash down a bit (and maybe fixing behind the scuttle panel), leaving some of the blue scuttle visible? This would bring the bottom edge down.

[Edited on 17.04.2005 by Humbug] Rescued attachment 2005-04-17 1 Locost - dashboard layout mockup.JPG
Rescued attachment 2005-04-17 1 Locost - dashboard layout mockup.JPG

Humbug

posted on 17/4/05 at 06:34 PM Reply With Quote
...also, to fix instruments in a c/f dash, should I back it with something, e.g. a thin piece of plywood?
DavidM

posted on 17/4/05 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
Have you considered fitting it on the inside of the scuttle, such that you have the blue showing all round with and with edging strip. You'd be able to move it down without it looking uneven.

David

Proportion is Everything

Humbug

posted on 17/4/05 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, that's what I meant by "fixing behind the scuttle panel"... I think I have seen some people's dashboards like that in the archive somewhere.

Thanks

quote:
Originally posted by DavidM
Have you considered fitting it on the inside of the scuttle, such that you have the blue showing all round with and with edging strip. You'd be able to move it down without it looking uneven.

David

Avoneer

posted on 17/4/05 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
Think it will look better mounted on the front and leaving a 10mm gap around the top and sides where you'll see the grp scuttle behind.
Don't think it will look nice behind the scuttle - just my opinion of course.
Short in height just like a caterham.
Pat...

No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
DavidM

posted on 17/4/05 at 10:22 PM Reply With Quote
Duh, that' speed reading for you. I think the Luego demonstrators have them fixed behind the scuttle. I think it looks ok.

David

quote:
Originally posted by Humbug
Yes, that's what I meant by "fixing behind the scuttle panel"... I think I have seen some people's dashboards like that in the archive somewhere.

Thanks

Proportion is Everything

Humbug

posted on 18/4/05 at 07:39 AM Reply With Quote
Anybody any thoughts on whether backing is needed for c/f dash, e.g. plywood?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.