Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pedal probs
DorsetStrider

posted on 26/7/05 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
Pedal probs

I've done a quick search but couldn't find an answer to this question.

I'm thinking of how I'm gonna sort the pedals out and thought about using a pair of "L" shaped brackets back to back welded to the floor of the car to hold each pedal. Does anyone foresee a problem with this? Would SVA man approve?

Who the f**K tightened this up!

RazMan

posted on 26/7/05 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
If I understand you correctly I think you may have underestimated the stress that can be exerted on a brake pedal (especially when that bloke in front slams on his brakes )

The master cylinder takes quite a beating sometimes and needs to be braced between a couple of sturdy cross members to avoid flexing so the pedals will need to be mounted equally strongly.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
NS Dev

posted on 27/7/05 at 09:49 AM Reply With Quote
If you made the brackets like that but deeper, and then notched them at the back to step over the chassis tube, then welded the "L" to the floor and welded the rest of the edge over the chassis tube and to the bulkhead plate then that would be plenty strong enough.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.