Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Wide seat
Triton

posted on 1/11/05 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
Wide seat

Well here it is. 430mm wide at front edge(but can be trimmed down. 350mm internal around abdomen. Rescued attachment Wide smoothy seat.jpg
Rescued attachment Wide smoothy seat.jpg

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Triton

posted on 1/11/05 at 12:20 PM Reply With Quote
Had a 6ft something feel at home in one not a tall thin bod either, more your brick outhouse type of size.

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jimgiblett

posted on 1/11/05 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
Looks good. How wide is it at the rear. ie max width at back between at seat bottom to where say your kidneys are?

My Phoenix is a bit narrow and trying to find a seat that fits is proving to be a bit of a mare.

bimbleuk

posted on 1/11/05 at 01:29 PM Reply With Quote
Triton.

Have you fitted one of your selection of seats in a Striker?

Basically the Striker is very narrow compared to most 7 style kits and the passenger side is narrower due to the engine being off set to that side.

I have an MK seat (the R500 copy) in the drivers side but this is a very tight sqeeze. No way it'll go in the passenger side.

Triton

posted on 1/11/05 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
Looks good. How wide is it at the rear. ie max width at back between at seat bottom to where say your kidneys are?

My Phoenix is a bit narrow and trying to find a seat that fits is proving to be a bit of a mare.

390mm if i understood where you wanted the measurement taken from.
They fit into a book chassis no problem so will fit MK's etc.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

Triton

posted on 1/11/05 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
bimblebloke,
I haven't fitted any to a striker so not sure but these should fit: Rescued attachment narrow low back.JPG
Rescued attachment narrow low back.JPG

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

jimgiblett

posted on 1/11/05 at 05:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bimbleuk
I have an MK seat (the R500 copy) in the drivers side but this is a very tight sqeeze. No way it'll go in the passenger side.

Is your Striker live axle or IRS? My IRS Phoenix has the same dimensions as the IRS Striker.

Jim

bimbleuk

posted on 2/11/05 at 04:03 AM Reply With Quote
Mines an IRS chassis.
UncleFista

posted on 2/11/05 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
And they fit a standard "book" locost ?
If they do, how much and how do I pay ?

I've wanted a pair of these for ages, but with my "pie retention" problem, didn't think I'd fit

Cheers

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

Triton

posted on 2/11/05 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
Well Robinbastd on the forum is 6ft 6" and 18stone(brick outhouse size) and was well impressed as he couldn't find any seats to fit him elsewhere.

Mark

email for picture and info

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

UncleFista

posted on 2/11/05 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
Blinkin' flip, he's a big lad innee ?

I'm only 6ft and maybe a stone or 2 lighter, would you say I'd be better off with the larger ones ?

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

Triton

posted on 2/11/05 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
Unc,
Yes i would say better to go for the bigger ones as they won't pinch....nowt worse than being uncomfortable.

Mark

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.