Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: tub side trim?
02GF74

posted on 10/1/06 at 03:18 PM Reply With Quote
tub side trim?

one of previous owneres made up some pvc covered aluminium trim to go ov the edeges of the tub, photo shows underside next to where it fits.

how do I attach them to the tub? velco/glue/silicone sealant or those hiddne plastic trim thingies (where do you get them from?)

[img][/img]

Mike R-F

posted on 10/1/06 at 03:22 PM Reply With Quote
Plastic clip trim thingys available from Woolies. Alternativly, use a roll of male & female Velcro, you'd be amazed how well it holds things!
Hellfire

posted on 10/1/06 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
I'd love to say PU Adhesive but I can as it's too permanent - I prolly go with the Velcro

02GF74

posted on 10/1/06 at 04:28 PM Reply With Quote
what do folks normally put along the tub sides? (approx width 3 cm).

Is there some lighter plastic/rubber trim that can be glued?

[Edited on 10/1/06 by 02GF74]

paulf

posted on 10/1/06 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
Glue it on with PU if you dont intend removing it in a hurry.
I made mine from some D shaped wood and covered in vinyl, stuck on withPU and still there despite being stood on regularly getting in and out of the car.
Paul.

02GF74

posted on 11/1/06 at 11:18 AM Reply With Quote
3rd time it's been mentioned - what is PU glue?
smart51

posted on 11/1/06 at 12:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74

PU is polyurethane. It is a black (usually) rubbery adhesive that comes in tubes like silicone sealant. It is very sticky and can be used to bond metal to fibreglass etc. The gooeyness means that it can fill gaps like a sealant. The rubberyness means that it can withstand vibration, unlike some epoxys, and it sticks to just about all non greasy things.

My floor is stuck on with PU and some rivets. My GRP pannels are bonded on with just 1 or 2 rivets where they can't be seen. My front cycle wings are stuck on with just PU. It is remarkable stuff but it doesn't wash off your fingers once dry.

[Edited on 11-1-2006 by smart51]

02GF74

posted on 11/1/06 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by smart51
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74

PU is polyurethane. It is a black (usually) rubbery adhesive that comes in tubes like silicone sealant. It is very sticky and can be used to bond metal to fibreglass etc. The gooeyness means that it can fill gaps like a sealant. The rubberyness means that it can withstand vibration, unlike some epoxys, and it sticks to just about all non greasy things.

My floor is stuck on with PU and some rivets. My GRP pannels are bonded on with just 1 or 2 rivets where they can't be seen. My front cycle wings are stuck on with just PU. It is remarkable stuff but it doesn't wash off your fingers once dry.

[Edited on 11-1-2006 by smart51]

aha, that sound's like the stuff that was holding my volvo tailgate trim - right bugger to get off as I had to do when looking into the rear wiper problem.

Do places like B&Q sell it? Sounds like good stuff!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.