Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Gimme some bloomin seats!!
timbo7

posted on 17/1/06 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
Ok...now I'm getting a little interested here.

I'm looking for a set for my Caterham SV and by feck I'm not shelling out £600 of a pair of GRP tillets, even if rimmed in gilt edging.

Alot of the seats tilletesque I've sat in are too flexible and has Triton points out I prefer the back section of the seat to be a better finish.

Can you guys supply rigid, stronger GRP seats with the option of runners fittment?

I'll also be looking at either suade/alcantara fixings at the required areas. I can get my hands on the carpet finish Tillet use for the Caterham and finish off the seats as look alikes.

Prices guys... ?

WESTFIELD HAYABUSA 1400 - SOLD

timbo7

posted on 17/1/06 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
pics of all angles would be bonus guys...

cheers

chrsgrain

posted on 17/1/06 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
RazMan..

Where did you get those seats???? They are exactly what we've been looking for! Especially the inserts, they look perfect - any details??

Chris

RazMan

posted on 17/1/06 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
I got the pic from an eBay auction here:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8028900898&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

The auction has ended but the contact details are still there. The guy's name is Len and he is very helpful.
I havent a clue who makes them - he is a distributor.
I liked the inserts too (not my choice of colour though) - a good compromise between race & road.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Triton

posted on 17/1/06 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
£190.00 per pair any colour delivered .

Cheers
Mark Rescued attachment Pair high side smoothy seat side view.jpg
Rescued attachment Pair high side smoothy seat side view.jpg

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
chrsgrain

posted on 17/1/06 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks,

my prefered option would be some Triton seats with those inserts I think...

Chris

Mark Allanson

posted on 17/1/06 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
I wish they had been available when I was building my car! Shiney

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

RazMan

posted on 17/1/06 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
Have you got those measurements Mark? Also where are the mounting points located?

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

chrsgrain

posted on 17/1/06 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
Another question for Mark - are you open to visitors? Not sure when will be in the area but would be nice to have a sit in the seats!

Chris

Triton

posted on 17/1/06 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
More than welcome to park your bum in a seat next time you are in Cornwall.

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

timbo7

posted on 17/1/06 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
Can I see the backs of the seats... have they got much thicker composite to prevent side flex.. the MK ones have a strengthened back section I think

Triton

posted on 17/1/06 at 11:02 PM Reply With Quote
They have a second skin laminated on whilst main section is till on the mould, not stuck on afterwards. Rescued attachment Rear of smoothy low sided 2.jpg
Rescued attachment Rear of smoothy low sided 2.jpg

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

welderman

posted on 19/1/06 at 12:02 AM Reply With Quote
Can you do the back of the seats shiny too.

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/23/viewthread.php?tid=172301

Back on with the Fisher Fury R1

chrsgrain

posted on 19/1/06 at 05:08 PM Reply With Quote
With reference to Razman's photo and information about the burgundy inserts a page or so up the thread, Len Swan at Wildmore cars sent me this email;

Hi Chris

Inserts are available seperately at a cost of 69.00 pound each seat plus post and packing at 12.00 pounds if you would like some please ring me on XXXXXXX

Thanks

Len Swan wildmoor cars

Mave

posted on 19/1/06 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
Similar cushions are also available from Reverie, at similar (starting) prices. They have a lot of different choices in colour and material though (I'm considering them for my seats too).

Marcel

RazMan

posted on 20/1/06 at 10:15 AM Reply With Quote
Found 'em

I think I'll give their seats a miss though - my chosen one is over £2000 inc vat!!

[Edited on 20-1-06 by RazMan]

Cheers,
Raz

Triton

posted on 21/1/06 at 11:31 PM Reply With Quote
To make the seats with a gel coat back will require new pattern then new mould, you then have the problem of two seats to make one so the price will reflect that, making them nearer £200 each.

I can use surface tissue as the last layer to achieve a smoother finish with a look similar to flocking.
Silver grey pigment is available no problem.

With recent happenings the seat I had lined up to be trimmed has yet to be taken to the trimmers for assesment.

Cheers
Mark

[Edited on 21/1/06 by Triton]

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

RazMan

posted on 21/1/06 at 11:46 PM Reply With Quote
Thyanks Mark,

The tissue option sounds as though it would be ok - the seat backs will be visible but its not a breaking point.
The silver gel coat is a definite plus.and if blue upholstery or pads are available it just gets better.

One question though (well two really ) Is the 30 degree angle feasable and are there side mounting points built in?

Cheers,
Raz

Triton

posted on 21/1/06 at 11:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RazMan
Thyanks Mark,

The tissue option sounds as though it would be ok - the seat backs will be visible but its not a breaking point.
The silver gel coat is a definite plus.and if blue upholstery or pads are available it just gets better.

One question though (well two really ) Is the 30 degree angle feasable and are there side mounting points built in?

Seat angle is ok and I can make them side or base mounted as long as I know which beforehand.

Cheers
Mark

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

garage19

posted on 26/1/06 at 04:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Triton

I can use surface tissue as the last layer to achieve a smoother finish with a look similar to flocking.

[Edited on 21/1/06 by Triton]

Or you could send them to me for flocking of the seat backs in black! :- )

I shall be ordering a pair of seats from triton shortly (Paypal account is nearly at £200 target) and it makes sense for me to flock the backs of my own. I will post some photos of the results.

Triton

posted on 26/1/06 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
Cool....which type of seat mate? Will the flocking hide the matt finish enough then?....you know what is coming next...

How much....
Cheers
Mark

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

garage19

posted on 27/1/06 at 10:59 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Triton
Cool....which type of seat mate? Will the flocking hide the matt finish enough then?....you know what is coming next...

How much....
Cheers
Mark

High side, normal width, smooth front in black. They are for my Indy. Like the photos at the beginning of this thread.

Should hide the matt finish pretty well.

As for how much... will have to see how much materials i use to do mine. Should be up to my target by the end of the week so will be able to tell you soon.

Cheers.

Triton

posted on 29/1/06 at 11:14 PM Reply With Quote
Okey dokey

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.