Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Which narrow seats??
owelly

posted on 11/4/06 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
Which narrow seats??

I've been trawling through the searchs thingy but I'm not having much success!
The distance between my transmission tunnel and the inside if the side (!) of the car is 15". I have started to make some seats out of tube and they just need the webbing/springs/foam/etc.... but I was wondering what other (locost/cheapo)options I have? I'm happy to attach pads to the inside of the car for lateral support (there's not much room for movement with my fat ar5e).
Any help will be appreciated.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dale

posted on 11/4/06 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
After months of screwing around and getting fed up of being too poor to be able to drop $500 cnd on seats I have got my bench seats figured out. just alot of experimenting to get the foam shaped right- even have some lumbar suport.
If things work out I should be sewing tommorow. Being covered in black and white marine vinyle.
Dale

Thanks
Dale

my 14 and11 year old boys 22
and 19 now want to drive but have to be 25 before insurance will allow. Finally on the road

owelly

posted on 11/4/06 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
I cobbled together a couple of seats here....

These are a nice fit but with the best will in the world, will always look cr4p!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pezza

posted on 11/4/06 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
I had grief finding seats to fit my pre-lit westy as it was very restrictive space wise.
Ended up going with intertrim rangers, fit fine and where suprising comfy

owelly

posted on 12/4/06 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
I have had a good old tidy in the garage and found the plastic 'school' seats that I nabbed to go in the car. They will do for now!!

Browser

posted on 13/4/06 at 07:35 AM Reply With Quote
I've got a pair from a Bedford Midi van, they're narrow enough. Even if I don't use the foam the frames'll be a good starting point. Also same seats in Bedford Rascal, Suzuki Super Carry, Toyota Hiace.
owelly

posted on 13/4/06 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
Good plan! I'll have a ride to the scrappy on Tuesday.

andyps

posted on 18/4/06 at 12:48 PM Reply With Quote
I was following a Daihatsu hiJet pick up the other day and it had seats which looked like they might be a good shape for a locost you can see some in this van here. Don't know what width they are though.

Andy

An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less

Browser

posted on 18/4/06 at 12:59 PM Reply With Quote
Forgot to mention the Hijet, I think it was another product of the collaboration that produced the Rascal/Super Carry. You used to be able to purchase a kit from someone along the lines of NF Auto Developments to re-trim a pair of these seats but I don't know whom/whether it's still available.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.