Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Interior Door Handles?
RazMan

posted on 22/5/06 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
Interior Door Handles?

I am looking for some small door handles / catches to mount in my middy doors which have 'bear claw' catches so practically anything would do.

In the past I have seen lots of butt ugly things like the Marina, Allegro catches and I am looking for something more elegant and SMALL. The Punto is getting closer but I need to explore more options.

Any ideas guys?

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Simon

posted on 22/5/06 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
I do believe CBS do them,

HTH

ATB

Simon

RazMan

posted on 22/5/06 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
They do the bear claw latches (that's where I bought mine) but they don't do any interior door handles unless I missed them.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Donners90

posted on 22/5/06 at 09:30 PM Reply With Quote
might be worth a try
http://www.vintagecarparts.co.uk/en/list+coachfittings+and+body+parts~handle~interior/

RazMan

posted on 22/5/06 at 10:09 PM Reply With Quote
Lots of surface mounted handles there but nothing which fits into a recess - the sort of thing that you find in a modern tin top drivers door, usually a little lever flush with the door card.

Thinking laterally, I suppose it could be done electrically using a central locking solenoid wired to a small button on the dash - which would have some bling appeal

[Edited on 22-5-06 by RazMan]

Cheers,
Raz

Donners90

posted on 23/5/06 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
Landrover Defender

The pic below is from a defender. Will probably be the same as an Allegro/Maxi or similar aged BL vehicle! Rescued attachment door_opening_lever.jpg
Rescued attachment door_opening_lever.jpg

stevebubs

posted on 23/5/06 at 12:43 PM Reply With Quote
Razman,

Let me know what you come up with - I need to do this to my Fury.

Will be post Le Mans now...

Stephen

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.