Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: digi dash
scoey m
Builder

Posts 209
Registered 8/2/06

Photo Archive Go!
Building: MNR Vortx r1(sva pass 07 plate yumyum)

posted on 27/5/06 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
digi dash

Hi wasn't sure where to put this but anyway can anybody tell me if there is any special requirements when ordering digi dash for cec or bec are they all same units as i have got dd2 lite but it was originally purchased for zetec but now will be used for bec
purchased brand new 300 pound you little beauty
Also where have people mounted there sensor on r1 for oil pres/oil temp/water temp any help and pics would be fantastic

MartinDB

posted on 27/5/06 at 11:08 PM Reply With Quote
Your DD lite will work fine in a BEC.

For water temp I've got one of these in a top hose between the block and thermostat.

I've followed this for my oil senders. It may be changed though as my layout doesn't leave any room between hose and manifold. It's also leaking when the engine's turned over on the starter .

Martin.

[Edited on 27/5/06 by MartinDB]

R1 STRIKER

posted on 28/5/06 at 02:51 AM Reply With Quote
Have just fitted Digi Dash 2 lite to my R1 striker this week. I have also put water temp in top hose. On the 02/03 R1 the large bolt in the centre of the oil cooler is very thin compared to earlier ones. I didn't like the idea of drilling and tapping this so have used a sandwhich plate from Think automotive. The only thing to be careful of with this is that it tightens up properly. On mine the inside face was hitting the main bolt before being completely tight. We had to machine the centre down a bit before fitting. This can take Oil pres and temp.

Good luck
Ben Smith.

skidude88

posted on 30/5/06 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
300 quid bargin!

300 squid!!!

Got mine just after xmas for 440

Nearly got dash finished - 5 months on!

FYI - Tips?

If you need remote/capilary line for the sensor & fittings - I was recommended LMA buy guys here, for having it made up.

http://www.lma-group.com/

Stuart (LMA) knows John (ETB) anyway, says he supplies ETB with their adaptors.

I just emailed LMA, with sensors sizes, what they needed converting to and the lengh of hose I wanted. Really helpful.

I think he charged just over a tenna (Can't remember - I had some other bit'n'bobs too)

Other probs I had was I had to widen the tap (deeper tapered tap - if that makes sense) to fit the 1/8" NPTF temp sensors supplied.

Oh and check you set the RMP/OIL alarm when programming the DD, so that you dont Kak yourself (like I did) when the OPA alarm kicks in from cold/tick over!

scoey m
Builder

Posts 209
Registered 8/2/06

Photo Archive Go!
Building: MNR Vortx r1(sva pass 07 plate yumyum)

posted on 30/5/06 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
all recipts there too only purchased 24/01/06
Thanx for info too excellent

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.