Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Door Handles?
RazMan

posted on 27/12/06 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
Door Handles?

I am looking for a pair of door pulls - just realised I can't shut my doors from the inside of the car

Is there anything that is surface mounted but low profile ..... and SVA friendly ?

Any suggestions will be appreciated - I've got my SVA in 10 days

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
macnab

posted on 27/12/06 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
a length of cord???

DIY Si

posted on 27/12/06 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
B&G cupboard door handles? Probably got some spare in the kitchen!

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

Ketchup

posted on 27/12/06 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Raz, car looking sweet btw, congrats fella!

i dont know if one of the flush ally ones at the bottom of this page ...

http://www.connectstores.com/bernards/sp_5992.html

...mounted sideways (oo er) would be any good?

maybe a bit too industrial?!

scottc

posted on 27/12/06 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
How about a leather strap like in the old days
macnab

posted on 27/12/06 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
bit of cord...he'll never fail that.

MkIndy7

posted on 27/12/06 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
Shame you can't have the rams loose their pressure to close the door and then pump back up to open it... now that would be COOL !

Maybe one for after the SVA operated by the alarm.

RazMan

posted on 27/12/06 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
Some novel ideas guys

Bit of cord - too classy Reminds me of my Mini days though

Leather strap - A bit too ...... erm ..... medeavil ?

Cupboard door handles - at least we're into this century with this idea I'll have a look around B&Q to see what they have.

Rams - They already pop under remote control - I just can't pull them shut

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MattCraneCustoms

posted on 27/12/06 at 11:12 PM Reply With Quote
another thought could be the handles above the doors of most cars in the roof lining . . .
just want to say been looking through your archive, thats one cracking looking car. Is it a kit or your own design? I plan to build something similar when the hicost is complete.
Regards
Matt

RazMan

posted on 28/12/06 at 12:07 AM Reply With Quote
That's a good idea Matt - maybe a trip to my local scrappy is in order.

The car was originally an Aeon GT2 kit but ended up a little different to their intended design. After buying the basic kit I changed every body panel and I am fairly pleased with the result.

Description
Description

[Edited on 28-12-06 by RazMan]

Cheers,
Raz

jlparsons

posted on 7/1/07 at 02:22 AM Reply With Quote
Quick note - don't do what the delorean monkeys did and put the ashtrays in your gullwing doors

Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Some assembly required. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Subject to approval, terms and conditions apply. Apply only to affected area. For recreational use only. All models over 18 years of age. No user-serviceable parts inside. Subject to change. As seen on TV. One size fits all. May contain nuts. Slippery when wet. For office use only. Edited for television. Keep cool; process promptly.

stevebubs

posted on 7/1/07 at 03:32 AM Reply With Quote
http://www.morrisminor.uk.com/shop/door-pull-strap-p-234.html

OK.....Neanderthol but functional....

RazMan

posted on 7/1/07 at 11:25 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jlparsons
Quick note - don't do what the delorean monkeys did and put the ashtrays in your gullwing doors

I thought they were Cocaine dispensers. After all - they had to recall all of the Deloreans because they kept following white lines didn't they?

Cheers,
Raz

akumabito

posted on 12/1/07 at 12:56 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MattCraneCustoms
another thought could be the handles above the doors of most cars in the roof lining . .

That's what I was thinking... come in different sizes, materials and colors, and as they were already fitted in cars, they should not give you any SVA problems..

gottabedone

posted on 29/1/07 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
Hey Raz,

The car is looking really good! I missed your post about door pulls. I used the top grab handles from my donor Alfa 33 on my Minari. Instead of using the full length I cut them down and sprayed them with vinylkote interior spray. They had a metal strap with a small plate at each end. Remove the plate at one end and cut to length. Reshape the new end for anchor holes, cut plastic cover to length and before fitting bend the new handle to the shape that you require. They turned out nice and worked well.

Regards

Steve

RazMan

posted on 29/1/07 at 10:38 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds ideal Steve - have you got any pics? I've been using Vinylcote for a lot of interior stuff too.

Cheers,
Raz

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.