Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bike Clocks?
gr8ging

posted on 24/2/07 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
Bike Clocks?

How easy is it to use the standard bike clocks?
I have a ZX9r engine but I have no idea how you would incorporate/connect the bike clocks? is it easier to buy a digi dash?

Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals.... except the weasel.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine!

bigrich

posted on 24/2/07 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
its easier to plug in the bike clocks to he bike loom and correct the speedo with a speedo healer (about 60 quid) than to wire up a digi dash
see my avatar for my speedo (06 zx10r)

Hellfire

posted on 24/2/07 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
It's easy and simple to use the bike clocks, assuming you also have the loom. You'd also save yourself a few hundred quid at least.

Phil

gr8ging

posted on 24/2/07 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
ok, I have the loom so how do I go a bout wiring the clocks up, where is the pick up point and how and where does the speed healer come into it.

Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals.... except the weasel.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine!

desyboy

posted on 24/2/07 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
bike clocks all day long !
Hellfire

posted on 24/2/07 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gr8ging
ok, I have the loom so how do I go a bout wiring the clocks up, where is the pick up point and how and where does the speed healer come into it.

Not sure where the pick up is on the ZX9 engine. The loom should have all the necessary connectors for plugging the clocks in and the speedohealer is used to adjust your speedo reading which will be way out due to the gearing in a car application.

Phil

gr8ging

posted on 24/2/07 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
wheres the best place to get the speedheeler from?

Hellfire

posted on 24/2/07 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
You could try here

Phil

gr8ging

posted on 24/2/07 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the advise

Colnago_Man

posted on 24/2/07 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
It also depends which model ZX9R engine you have, the 'B' model (1995/1996) has a mechanical speedo which makes it very difficult to intergrate into a car.
Only the later models with electronic speedos can easily be fitted using a speedohealer.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.