Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Radius Edges
mistergrumpy

posted on 23/9/07 at 11:26 PM Reply With Quote
Radius Edges

If I'm rolling an edge like on the bottom of the dash how far round do I have to roll it? Is a 'J' style okay or does it have to look like a 'U' if you get me.

scoop

posted on 24/9/07 at 08:14 AM Reply With Quote
Most of the grp and carbon ones you buy roll them all the way up to what you would call the u shape. The manual says 19mm radius so....
mistergrumpy

posted on 24/9/07 at 09:29 AM Reply With Quote
Yeah its summat I've wondered for a while because in theory if it weren't a full roll then the gauge could be put anywhere on that edge and it wouldn't quite be the 19mm radius.Dunno why they don't just say a 10mm diameter for instance. Cheers

Chippy

posted on 24/9/07 at 10:11 AM Reply With Quote
Hi, made mine J shape, 19mm rad. and then fitted panels to cover the underside of dash that fitted onto it. Passed SVA with no comment made. HTH Ray
Bluemoon

posted on 24/9/07 at 11:05 AM Reply With Quote
From memory of the SVA manual, I think you could stop the radius parallel to the floor. I think there is a diagram showing this, they find the contactable radius from the seat forward.

From memory so check with the manual.

Having said this unless you have good reason not to for a peace of mind I would bend all the way around though say vertical.

Cheers

worX

posted on 24/9/07 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
Mine is a "J" Shape and the lower return edge would of been a fail point if I didn't put some U trim on it - and if you've seen a photo of my dash you know the lower return edge goes on for quite a ways!

Steve

scotty g

posted on 24/9/07 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
The radius has to go round so that it is horizontal, your dash will probably lean forward a tad so you will have to go more than 90'.
Most that i have seen go through about 120' to be safe.
Cheers

Dave Bailey

posted on 24/9/07 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
Does this mean that I can't use my Velocity carbon effect dash.....? This has no turned bottom adge...I was just going to use some strip on it!

Dave B

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.