Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Donor pedal box
speedyxjs

posted on 6/1/08 at 02:56 PM Reply With Quote
Donor pedal box

Reading the other pedal box thread got me thinking. I want to use the pedal box from my donor but it is quite big. Has anyone got any pictures of a donor pedal box fitted to their car?

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

James

posted on 6/1/08 at 05:47 PM Reply With Quote
I started to use a Mk3(?) Nissan Micra pedal box as it was nice and small.

But they were top hanging (hinging) which didn't fit my m/cyl so in the end I ditched the brake and clutch and made my own in the 'style' of the MK ones. Using some scrap steel and suspension bushes from Lolocost/Robin Hood (about all they're good for!).

I kept the Micra accelerator pedal though as it's small, light and solid bar so easy to cut/adapt. It also has a built in return spring.

There was also some talk on here about top hanging being better for your ankles!!!

HTH,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.