Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Top Tip!
Snap-off

posted on 17/3/08 at 11:58 AM Reply With Quote
Top Tip!

Don't use sticky back carbon sheet for stone guards as it sucks Use it for helmet protection pads

[img][/img]

COREdevelopments

posted on 17/3/08 at 12:01 PM Reply With Quote
nice one looks good, but i have used it on my arches, it looks good for me.

rob

Mr Whippy

posted on 17/3/08 at 12:02 PM Reply With Quote
looks good

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jubal

posted on 17/3/08 at 12:03 PM Reply With Quote
I have it as stone guards on my arches and it melted when the 90 degree bend fell off my R1 can
Snap-off

posted on 17/3/08 at 12:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

nice one looks good, but i have used it on my arches, it looks good for me.

I think if it wasn't all wrinkled when I received it, it would have been good.

COREdevelopments

posted on 17/3/08 at 12:14 PM Reply With Quote
got mine off ebay its not smooth, looks like its been coated with clear stuff, i thought i would use it as it should absorb stone chips rather than chip like real carbon fibre may do.

rob

Snap-off

posted on 17/3/08 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry, don't mean to offend anyone with it on.
It came rolled up and could do nothing to it to straighten it out. It looked worse when I put it on the arch. Rather than bin it I racked my brains to use it somewhere else.

Steven.

COREdevelopments

posted on 17/3/08 at 12:22 PM Reply With Quote
dont think you are offending anyone at all. does look good and it has many uses as it bend easily. when you goin for sva? it look almost finished!!

rob

Snap-off

posted on 17/3/08 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

when you goin for sva? it look almost finished!!

I have a few jobs still to do, luckily not much more to spend. Should be ready at the end of April. Once i am happy with it then will apply for a SVA date. Don't really want to rush about at the last minute.

COREdevelopments

posted on 17/3/08 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
you seem layed back, mind you it aint taken you long at all, im in my 4th year and it seems like forever, but hopefully it will be done this summer!! will you be attending stoneliegh in it??

rob

worX

posted on 17/3/08 at 12:51 PM Reply With Quote
Nasty Bar-Steward!!!
(Kidding )

It's all each to their own isn't it with these things - and since a lot of us are driving round in Manufacturers Kit's then it's nice to get these details seperated!

I've just ordered a set of Real CF Arch Protectors from Carbonmods as they are unable to produce any more of their Polymer ones but think the ones that I'll make will look really good with the rest of the carbon on my car...

Steve
quote:
Originally posted by Snap-off
Sorry, don't mean to offend anyone with it on.
It came rolled up and could do nothing to it to straighten it out. It looked worse when I put it on the arch. Rather than bin it I racked my brains to use it somewhere else.

Steven.

Snap-off

posted on 17/3/08 at 12:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

you seem layed back, mind you it aint taken you long at all, im in my 4th year and it seems like forever, but hopefully it will be done this summer!! will you be attending stoneliegh in it??

I work 4 on and 4 off which has been great for spending time on it. A bit cold over the winter but highly addictive.
Not sure what shows I will be at this year due to work but if im there be sure to say hello.

quote:

im in my 4th year

Well done for sticking it, I felt like packing it in within a few months (Ha!).

Kriss

posted on 17/3/08 at 02:53 PM Reply With Quote
that looks excelent, I have the MKs eats with the Carbon tops already in them.

I do love your car, looks so fresh and modern, think ours will look great together as we have simialar things happening with them too. Wheels, seat belts, engine etc etc lol

I managed t get a pair of the Polymere wibbly wobble Carbon mods arches for my MK. Chris shall be whackting them on soon no doubt

Snap-off

posted on 17/3/08 at 03:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by worX
Nasty Bar-Steward!!!
(Kidding )

It's all each to their own isn't it with these things - and since a lot of us are driving round in Manufacturers Kit's then it's nice to get these details seperated!

I've just ordered a set of Real CF Arch Protectors from Carbonmods as they are unable to produce any more of their Polymer ones but think the ones that I'll make will look really good with the rest of the carbon on my car...

Steve

Been looking at them too. I agree, they will look excellent on your car.

Snap-off

posted on 17/3/08 at 03:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kriss
that looks excelent, I have the MKs eats with the Carbon tops already in them.

I do love your car, looks so fresh and modern, think ours will look great together as we have simialar things happening with them too. Wheels, seat belts, engine etc etc lol

I managed t get a pair of the Polymere wibbly wobble Carbon mods arches for my MK. Chris shall be whackting them on soon no doubt

Thanks Kriss, your car sounds as if it is going to be awesome, have you got any pictures back yet?

Kriss

posted on 17/3/08 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
got a photo added to the bodywork post i made.

the sides and rear were not fiited as MK need access tot he rear of the chassis to weld in my mounts for the rosejointed rear back stays for the roll bar.

really happy with the colour. wanted somethign different and I think both of our cars have acheived that

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.