Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Lotus Elise seats
MK Charlie

posted on 31/3/08 at 11:35 PM Reply With Quote
Lotus Elise seats

Does anyone know if there is an easy way to fit a pair of Elise seats directly to the floor. Found some i really like but they don't come with subframes, and they are at the top end of what i'm willing to pay for seats. Besides, I'm 6'5 so being a bit lower will be more beneficial.

Cheers guys

Charlie

RazMan

posted on 1/4/08 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
I was originally intending to fit these but decided they were still too high for my car (with roof) I seem to remember they were best fitted with side supports - can you see any captive nuts in the sides?

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
AdamR

posted on 1/4/08 at 09:45 AM Reply With Quote
I have elise seats. There are two large captive nuts (one in each side) and two studs on the bottom towards the front of the seat. It would be pretty easy to make up a couple of brackets that would work, so long as your floor is suitably reinforced.

Ps. I'm using modified cobra runners pushed out to the sides & mounted directly into plates in the sides of the chassis/tunnel. The bottom of the seat is <10mm off the floor - but you need a +4 chassis to fit that arrangement.

[Edited on 1/4/08 by AdamR]

grazzledazzle

posted on 5/4/08 at 01:42 PM Reply With Quote
Go for series 2 111s seats. Bar far the most comfortable of the range, unless you go with the late probax ones.
grazzledazzle

posted on 5/4/08 at 01:42 PM Reply With Quote
Also the passenger seats are solid mounted, not on runners. Might be worth investigating.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.